Micro Rug Plants

Chris A

Name
Chris
Does anyone have pics of spaces they've set up in 500 square feet or less? Obviously we're talking small volume here, but I'm looking for layout ideas. I've seen Dustys already...

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Chris Adkins said:
Does anyone have pics of spaces they've set up in 500 square feet or less? Obviously we're talking small volume here, but I'm looking for layout ideas. I've seen Dustys already...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Clark

This is one you might look at. It has been in operation for a year now and doing well.

DV1copy-1.jpg

dgargan

Why don't you just get dustys system. Heck you can get $7.00 per sq using it and be able to to buy a large building in no time ;)

-JB-

Name
JB
clark how many rugs is this guy doing a month ?

Seriously, how in the WORLD could anyone justify the expenses shown there and still pull a profit in THAT small a space? Ivebeensold I don't see it. Please explain the math there.

Clark

This shop does 15 to 20 rug a week at $3.25 to $5.00 per sq/ft last I heard before Christmas. Turnover rate is 12 hours. Rugs come in after lunch and are delivered the next morning on normal cleaning. Urine rugs slow down the production. This complete system installed was $37.000. This is a nice profitable business. I would like more space. 1500 sq/ft would really be good because everything stays in place. But overhead will put you out of business fast. Overhead in this shop is less than $150 a month. Moving things around is a pain but it is just work.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Maximizing the use of space might cost more than finding more space.

If I were stuck in a 20 by 25 foot area I'd use a layout with hanging poles positioned above the end of the wash floor. Those two are the biggest users of space. Since your space is limited I'd keep the width of the wash floor to around 12 feet so you would still have room for other equipment and a little storage.

Since your wash floor would be getting a lot of multi-use traffic (pre-inspection, dusting, cleaning, post-drying grooming) I'd work with concrete rather than use a pond liner.

High ceiling? Use the space.

Ron K

That question just seems to be made for that answer by Clark.

Anyone else find that interesting?

DavidVB

Surely no one would sink to such a low down devious tactic on this forum, a bastion of honesty, integrity and fairness. :D

If I was going to plant something, I think I would do it where more than 2 or 3 potential customers would see it. I was actually surprised to see that Clark was even looking.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron K said:
That question just seems to be made for that answer by Clark.

Anyone else find that interesting?

Easy, Ron.
don't imply anything on this one.

I know Chris well.
He's local to me and he's a good kid
I have no doubt his question is genuine and sincere .
He's no shill

..L.T.A.

Ron K

So David 12 Hour turn around? If Ken could do that he could clean 1200 rugs a week maybe more. Ken?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Clark said:
This shop does 15 to 20 rug a week at $3.25 to $5.00 per sq/ft last I heard before Christmas. Turnover rate is 12 hours. Rugs come in after lunch and are delivered the next morning on normal cleaning. Urine rugs slow down the production. This complete system installed was $37.000. This is a nice profitable business. I would like more space. 1500 sq/ft would really be good because everything stays in place. But overhead will put you out of business fast. Overhead in this shop is less than $150 a month. Moving things around is a pain but it is just work.

Nice setup Clark.

Sent you a private message.

Bill Martins

Chris A

Name
Chris
Actually I was looking more for the "pvc and pond liner answer", than the $37,000 something answer. Some of y'all should lighten the fook up...

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Chris, Clark has shown you one that is set up.

Why not just delete the equipment you don't want and work from his plan ??

You can make up your pvc pond as it's needed, also have a temporary rug tower that can be dismantled if need be.

Grids can be rolled up out of the way also.

it may be a pain in the arse setting up each time to do some rugs, but that's the price of a small area.

Kids swimming pools are also great for small urine rugs to soak in.

But not with the kids in them at the time. :shock: shiteatinggrin

Use your imagination and make several drawings to see how things can work best for you in the room you have.

Ooroo,

:roll:

DavidVB

12 hours needs to be better defined. Clark said that rugs brought in after noon are ready to deliver the next morning. That is more than 12 hours. I can clean rugs in the evening and with the centrifuge, some fans and 2 dehu's have them dry the next morning which is 12 hours.

The centrifuge is working great. The rugs are so much cleaner and easier to handle. It is a huge help for urine rugs. I have to hand it to you guys who do this without a wringer or a centrifuge. I hated soaking and sucking rugs and I wasn't satisfied with just surface cleaning. The small shop is a little bit of a pain but works better than I anticipated. Clark has been great to deal with and has been amazingly helpful..

Ron - you had your centrifuge up for sale "as is" a while back. Did you ever get it sold? How much will you take for it.

Ron K

David if you recall I did give you a Price to sell the machine in a previous phone conversation. All we are trying to do by selling this machine is to recoup our costs which are extensive. If you are serious, you can call me and I will gladly give you a price.

Ron K

If anyone is interested in purchasing this machine please call me. We are, as always, just trying to recoup our costs.

DavidVB

Ron,

I'm sorry but I don't remember talking about that in our conversations. I will call you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom