Microban

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Is there some kind of shortage on Microban? When I was at Interlink 2 weeks ago getting the van fixed I picked up some chems there but they were out of Microban. They said they would have it shipped out. When it still wasn't here today we called and they said its still back ordered. Seems like a product any big supplier should have on hand all the time or atleast have access to it in under 2 weeks? I have also been waiting on a pump up sprayer for 3 weeks.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I have 3 gallons on the shelf I can ship to you for $100 a gallon plus shipping..lol

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The couple of Interlinks i have been to in the last year, they are not pushing Microban and actually warned me, saying why use such a dangerous chemical and they push benefect and other "safer" chems.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
The couple of Interlinks i have been to in the last year, they are not pushing Microban and actually warned me, saying why use such a dangerous chemical and they push benefect and other "safer" chems.

I'm interested in what other chems they recommend?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I haven't heard of any shortage but doesn't mean much. We have been pushing the Microban Botaniclean. Only product I know of with a soft surface claim. We keep all the others in stock though as some people prefer going to "war" with bazookas even though a BB gun will work.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Maybe next time John. I already paid for this order so I need to wait it out. So is Benefect the new product of choice that is replacing Microban?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
which microban are they saying the benefect is replacing? I seem to use 4-5 gallons a year of clean carpet sanitizer and a few gallons of microban spray plus.

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
David,

We are here in Nashville and we have Microban, Botaniclean and Benefect in stock. We ship all orders received by 2pm out the same day, and it's a one-day ship point to you.

We also offer pretty nice discounts on the products, so next time you need some, give us an opportunity to try and gain your business.

Thanks,

Matt Stein
The Cleaner's Depot

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Benefect uses thyme oil as the active ingredient. It is the only 0% toxicity one that I know of, which is very nice.

This is what it says: “There are no label warnings or precautionary statements for use or disposal. Personal Protective Equipment is not required, making Benefect Disinfectant the ideal choice for home and business owners and your employees.”

However it will leave a long lasting scent (well, more like an Italian restaurant) behind. The scent takes a long time to dissipate. I used it at home on a moldy smelling sofa and it took months to dissipate (my wife could still smell it after months). You may want to qualify with client beforehand.

I wonder if “Botaniclean” has the same issue of very long lingering smell?

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Our Unsmoke orders have taken longer than usual to deliver.
They are also going to a company-wide order system that will cause some increases on products.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
In the past I have tried some of Judson's "Quat" products. I liked the fact that they were highly concentrated. Would they be a good replacement for Microban? Whats the difference in chemistry between the two?

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen

What is the "soft surface claim" that Microban Botaniclean makes? The label claims to disinfect hard non pours surfaces.

Mikey P

Administrator
In the past I have tried some of Judson's "Quat" products. I liked the fact that they were highly concentrated. Would they be a good replacement for Microban? Whats the difference in chemistry between the two?
I think the only issue you'll have with QAL is that its not certified by any governing body to do what it claims

Maybe that's changed since the last time I looked

Sure is a good Deo though..

Reactions: John Olson

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What is the "soft surface claim" that Microban Botaniclean makes? The label claims to disinfect hard non pours surfaces.
Botaniclean is the only product with a soft surface claim. They are working on getting that passed in all states. I will have to defer to Dick Price on which states they can legally make that claim in. I am going off memory and as some of you can attest it hasn't been that good lately so I am trying to be careful in what I say but yes it absolutely can and does have a proven soft surface claim. I'll email Dick to get an official response.

Reactions: Mikey P

John Olson

Name
John Olson
After reading Kevin's response again I didn't mean to imply it makes a disinfects claim as they cannot be disinfected but they can be sanitized here is Dick Price's response " BotaniClean is approved by the EPA for "cleaning and deodorizing" porous surfaces. As you probably know, soft surfaces like carpets, cannot be disinfected, but only sanitized. FYI, Benefect does not have any claim for non-porous surfaces for their disinfectant."

Hope that clears it up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Clear as mud. :biggrin:

Ok I get this statement but I'm thrown by this comment.
VVVVVV So is it also an EPA approved sanitizer also? :confusedd:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just got back from a dirty dog job. No pee; just dirty Labrador smell. In the past, I have had no luck with a Quat on a job like that, but Microban Clean Carpet prespray is the BOMB on it!

Of course, it also helps that I am a better carpet cleaner than most of you people, too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The key word in that statement is "most".

comics_superman_02.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom