Mid 80's Hydromaster?

Went and looked at this TM today, it's a hydramaster from the mid 80's and it looks kinda like a Judson machine . Very simple with no heat exchanger. It has a 20 HP motor, over 1000 psi and the blower says 4 and some letters behind it
(I think it said 4 FM ?)

Any ways, I was wondering if any one is familiar with this model and if so what are your thoughts?

This guy rebuilt the pump and motor recently , the machine is clean and works perfect. But the waist tank looks like it's going to disintegrate soon. Considering picking this thing up but a little vervious it could end up being a money pit.

K

Kabluey

I have a 1991 HM Hydracat. Like you said these machine are very simple as compared to the judson. Look TM really havent changed all that much in the last 30 years or so. Maybe improvments but basically its an engine that runs a pump and blower. The frame it sits on really has little relevance to the TM itself. Its a mounting frame as you see there are many frames to choose from. But the common thing is they all come with an engine, pump and blower. Unless its a PTO of course.

If you like the frame it sits on then you can buy yourself a really simple TM that you can work on. I can take out my engine in under 15 minutes. I can dismantle the whole TM in less than two hours. For me that is what I look for in a TM, one that I have complete control over.

That being said alot of things did break on my machine when i first bought it(less than $500 in total repair). Just the usual suspects, but its a very reliable machine.

Thanks , that's the kind of info I was looking for. I don't know anything about truck mounts, but this one did seem very simple to work on. The guy told me all parts could be had local. It seems to be in good condition (cosidering it's age) . I already have propane heat so I wouldn't have to buy that.

T

The Magician

Its probably a Hydracat, Very simple to work on. I would go for it if its priced right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom