Mike Draper Takes the Bull by the Horns!

We are designing a custom C-4 for Mike Draper at the present time.

018.jpg

The unit has a factory propane Kohler engine that will soon be running on compressed natural gas. Mike is taking the initiative to take the truckmount industry to the next level. Do you guys remember at Mikefest at the roundtable when each of us was asked what we thought the future of the truckmount industry would be? I replied, “Development in compressed natural gas.”

003.jpg

Mike is taking this concept and running with it. He is currently planning to run his next truck and truckmount on compressed natural gas. The reason we are initially going with propane is that there is a delay with Mike getting his government grant to develop the compressed natural gas system. The Kohler propane engine can easily run off of natural gas in the future. This is a factory propane engine that will have a national warranty at any lawn mower shop. The US has the most abundant supply of natural gas in the world.

004.jpg

005.jpg

The biggest advantage of going with propane or natural gas is the lower emissions and extended life of the engine.

014.jpg

The unit will maintain 240 degrees on a Greenie High-Flow wand. It will have 500 cfm and operating pressure up to 1500 psi.

Jimbo

Nice stuff!

Are you buying a used CNG van, Mike?

Getting a home compressor for it??

Mike Draper

The state of Utah gives out $250,000 total in low interest loans / Grants to Business owners each year in order to help cover the cost of Vehicle conversions to natural gas. Natural gas stations are very convenient in Utah, as well there are many to choose from. Our natural gas is $1.45 a gallon here :shock: We applied for one of these low interest loans/ grants and will be notified in March if we are awarded it. The 250k is the total awarded across the state to business owners. We feel like we may have a better at being awarded because of 2 things. We will be the first Carpet cleaner in the country to run 100% natural gas, this will be a good example for others to follow, and 2 is, Our Valley is very unique. It is surrounded by mountains 9,000+ feet in elev all the way around. In the winter we get what is called inversions " where the cold air settles down on the valley floor. This traps our pollution in place. The pollution will not dissipate until a large storm comes in to push it out. Many times each winter our valley will have the dirtiest air in the whole country. Its probably like living in Bawbs neighborhood I suppose. Anyhow, by running Natural gas we will be helping to keep our valley clean....even though we only work 5 or 6 hours the whole winter :oops:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dude dont lie....it aint the cars thats the problem....

its them farting cows up there... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

heyyyyy thought this was suppose to be on the downlow????

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
The 2011 CNG factory option for Chevy 6.0 engine is estimated to cost $8000. That is a long pay back period. Chevy is installing hardened exhaust valves, hardened intake and exhaust seats. What is the effect of installing CNG on an engine made for no lead?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mike Draper said:
The state of Utah gives out $250,000 total in low interest loans / Grants to Business owners each year in order to help cover the cost of Vehicle conversions to natural gas. Natural gas stations are very convenient in Utah, as well there are many to choose from. Our natural gas is $1.45 a gallon here :shock: ]

Man I'm movin to Utah. $1.45/gal and all the wives you want. How's the weather?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Looks awsome! Keep the pictures coming. You could be the greenest carpet cleaner in the countrywith that unit.

C

cory kenyon

Actually its$1.23 a gallon. You'll get a tax credit you have to use within 3 years on the vehicle. I have my tm in a natrual gas van, and run the tm on unleaded. The psi in gas stations are at 3600 psi, enough to fill the entire tank here in utah. Good luck Mike.

Mike Draper

Newman said:
The 2011 CNG factory option for Chevy 6.0 engine is estimated to cost $8000. That is a long pay back period. Chevy is installing hardened exhaust valves, hardened intake and exhaust seats. What is the effect of installing CNG on an engine made for no lead?

The actual cost with tanks is about $16,000 to convert to CNG. That is why I am applying for a grant. Currently at $3.0 a gallon we would put back $4000.00 a year in our pocket and of course have all the other benefits of CNG. Over ten years, well you add the numbers up. Imagine what will happen if gas prices go up even more? I'm sure that wont happen any time soon though especially with the instability in middle east (Egypt) :shock: .

Mike Draper

JB said:
Very cool.

How's Reese doin?

Reese is doing better. She is still on a breathing machine and in ICU, her heart rate has gone way down which means she is not having to fight the virus as much. We are by her bedside all day until she is out of here.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
is that the 25hp Kohler?

There used to be lots of natural gas outlets here in Vic but they've been closing down. Propane is still popular.
Is your eyesight getting bad that you need the big guages ? :roll:

What are the two fixtures on the bottom right?
Is the exhaust running through the silencer?

Name
I'm Rick James
Mike Draper said:
JB said:
Very cool.

How's Reese doin?

Reese is doing better. She is still on a breathing machine and in ICU, her heart rate has gone way down which means she is not having to fight the virus as much. We are by her bedside all day until she is out of here.

I know what youre going threw brother... no worst feeling, my son who was 2 months old at the time had a bacteria infection in his blood stream and was at childrens hospital ICU for many weeks and was on the breathing machine for a couple of weeks. Sounds like she is getting better....With my son we had a month of post hospital injections that we had to do ourselves with the IV line. My thoughts are with you and your family...

Congrads on the new machine, please keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom