Mikey's Board Profiles

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Is there a way to set up Mikey's Board profiles to include a pic of the member and other info? Similar to Company profiles on listings websites.
A place where you could "get to know" the member and see how they run their company....if they want to post that kind of stuff.

I know most of you only on Mikey's Board and it's too much to search to find pics or whatever for times like Vegas Connections and all that.

Nothing more personal than the member wants it to be. Right now it's just this.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2580

Just a thought.

Yes I know the Avatar can be used for that...but nobody really uses it for that.

Name
I'm Rick James
Wyatt Earp said:
You mean you don't really look like your Avatar? :roll:

How about them Bears, seems they had a little problem with out top rated defense last week. shiteatinggrin

Name
I'm Rick James
Wyatt Earp said:
How about them Bears, seems they had a little problem with out top rated defense last week. shiteatinggrin
Yea we sucked :cry: .........................................................and still almost beat you! :twisted:

Suck? Da Bears had the best record in the NFC going into that game. Believe me I am just as shocked as you are we won that one. Also the lack of protection for cutler and not being able to convert 3rd down will kill you every game. I think if da bears offense would have been more balanced they would of won.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Brian,
Maybe everyone can just post everything on their Facebook page in their signature line.

Mine's as personal as I want it to be now.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With a recent cookie block I suspect it's for his own marketing and information gathering.

Just like cleanfax or ics where businesses send you crap.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I only send you crap if you want it. Opting out is as easy as clicking one link.
I'm not looking for info on companies that I can't get already.

It was just a thought to faces to the names without searching too hard. etc.

Paranoia will destroya.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree Brian, I would like to know what people look like. I probably walked past 20-30 people in vegas that I might have recognized had I known what they looked like.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bruce Humphrey said:
[quote="bob vawter":2ilbtzqf]we ALL wanna see Jen..................!
She's on Facebook, look her up[/quote:2ilbtzqf]
:shock:

Doug, do you get my emails?
There's an unsubscribe button on there that Constant Contact requires.

Would love to have you stay on if you do.

Anyone can join my mailing list on my Network Home Services website.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
I agree Brian, I would like to know what people look like. I probably walked past 20-30 people in vegas that I might have recognized had I known what they looked like.

It's not something everyone has to do but it would be a great option.

Maybe you could even have limited access to it for "friends" only?

How about a Facebook type IM feature so people won't hijack my frickin threads. :mrgreen:

Am I going to have to create my own board!!! lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Now's you chance. Act now!
lol

Nothing super special about them. Just some updates etc.

Click the logo in my sig line...there's a "join my email list" button under the logo on the website.

Edit: Or better yet, I added a "Join My Email list" to my sig line. !gotcha!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I've never been able to figure out the whole avatar thing... Always says the URL is not valid(or some shit). I copy the IMG code from PB and resize it before submitting it. WTF is Bob already!

TimP

Brian R said:
lol

Click the logo in my sig line...there's a "join my email list" button under the logo on the website.

My opinion on getting listed on your site is if the IICRC can't get me work how the hell are you gonna do it......I'm not renewing any IICRC stuff. Plus most importantly I don't think people in my service area use a computer to find work because the areas I live in are more tightly nit. Word of mouth travels faster and farther.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's not being on just one or two websites that brings you work.
It's being in all the right places and having a presence.

Plus, if you website sucks...the chains weakest link has just been broken.

You can bring the world to your website but if it doesn't convert a potential customer to a customer...everything else was pointless.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
TimP said:
Brian R said:
lol

My opinion on getting listed on your site is if the IICRC can't get me work how the hell are you gonna do it......I'm not renewing any IICRC stuff. Plus most importantly I don't think people in my service area use a computer to find work because the areas I live in are more tightly nit. Word of mouth travels faster and farther.

I had to comment on that one.
I know what you meant but really?
People in BFE use the internet everyday.

TimP

Yes they use the internet around here but not to look for carpet cleaning. Or for any service industry, they are really behind the country. Perhaps in 10-20 years they may figure it out, and that's a maybe.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm sure the ones who do use the internet to find services is more than enough to fill your schedule and then some.
You just have to get in front of those people and give them a reason to schedule.

Generalizations are the death of many.

TimP

Brian R said:
I'm sure the ones who do use the internet to find services is more than enough to fill your schedule and then some.
You just have to get in front of those people and give them a reason to schedule.

Fill my schedule .......yeah when hell freezes over. You have no clue about my area.

Let's put it this way. There are a handful of cleaners in the yellow pages. And only 2 who are still in business that people would see as servicing my area. People don't even look at the yellowpages to make it worth having an ad. And I can guarantee if the book don't get me any more business your fangled internet page ain't gonna work cause everyone has and knows how to find things in the yellowpages. However not many know you can even find people in the service industry online.

Now if I was in a big city and there was 20-30 cleaning businesses in the yellow pages I could see how internet would help. Especially if there was a review aspect to it to set you apart from the competition. However a small town and 1-2 cleaners makes word of mouth key.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Ken said

Ken knows what I look like.

Ken said he wanted to recognize people. Doesn't mean he wants to talk to them. :twisted:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
"Ken said he wanted to recognize people. Doesn't mean he wants to talk to them."

Exactly- it would help us all know who to avoid as well as say hi too LOL. I really did wish I knew more what people looked like last month in Vegas. A few people came up to me as I have shown my picture in a few threads and Doug has my look from 1976 as his Avatar.

Ken

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
TimP said:
Brian R said:

Fill my schedule .......yeah when hell freezes over. You have no clue about my area.

Let's put it this way. There are a handful of cleaners in the yellow pages. And only 2 who are still in business that people would see as servicing my area. People don't even look at the yellowpages to make it worth having an ad. And I can guarantee if the book don't get me any more business your fangled internet page ain't gonna work cause everyone has and knows how to find things in the yellowpages. However not many know you can even find people in the service industry online.

Now if I was in a big city and there was 20-30 cleaning businesses in the yellow pages I could see how internet would help. Especially if there was a review aspect to it to set you apart from the competition. However a small town and 1-2 cleaners makes word of mouth key.

You're right. You shouldn't have a website or internet ad. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom