Mikey's Kirby vacuum cleaners

Name
Lee Stockwell
He'll like them just fine, until someone offers him something to endorse another.

Did I say there's anything WRONG with that?

I call BS on that angle Marty. I'm certain Kirby was not asked, nor offered anything for what you saw.

However, the big lugs were probably tiring for each other.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I never once said Kirby offered him anything. They're not in our universe.

And that's why I don't think the love affair will last.

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty the attention whore, shuddup.

Yes we are still running one on each truck we love them when we don't have edging or upholstery or edging to do. Also much better than the Sharks on sand embedded carpet. We have plenty room to carry both style of vacuums and on real large jobs we dual dry vac as well.

I think the Sanitaires work a bit better than the Kirby but the belt issue is too frustrating to deal with.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I really like our Kirby's, You can watch bits of hair & debris that is several feet away start flying towards the vacuum head, they have SO much airflow.

That being said, the Royal vacuum I had was even better than the Kirby. It weighed a little less, you could pull it back really far and it would just keep lifting up the carpet like it was a truckmount.

I'll be buying a few when I find the right deal, for now my $25 Yard Sale Kirby Sentria's fit the bill quite nicely, and I will sell them to Mikey for a mere $180 when I'm done with them. :stir:

F

FB7777

I second that on the Royal vacuum, not nearly as heavy as a Kirby and the belts are far more durable than the Sanitaire round belts that shear pretty easy

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Back in the day (1982) I started up a full range cleaning business - janitorial, floor care, carpet cleaning, window washing, etc. During the last 32 years I've had the opportunity to use and own MANY vacuums. Here's a quick overview of the list that I can remember (I'm probably forgetting a couple).

When I first started my cleaning business I bought a rebuilt Kirby. It was a solid workhorse. But I was never convinced that the Kirby was the ultimate dirt collector - it only seemed average as far as performance goes. And it was a fairly dirty vacuum, as all cloth bag vacuums are.

From there I moved on to a Sanitaire which I felt performed much better than the Kirby. What I did not like about the Sanitaire is that although they suck dirt well, it's also a DIRTY vacuum (as was the Kirby). It spewed a lot of dust through the bag and back into the environment. And it was also easy to break stuff on them... fan, handle, foot lever, belts, cord-wrap, etc.

I also had a Panasonic commercial back in the early years. I liked that one. The Panasonic was cleaner than the Sanitaire and Kirby. It also was more durable than the Sanitaire. Performance was adequate - maybe slightly less suction than the Sanitaire, but more than the Kirby.

And at one point much later, I owned a commercial Royal. I liked the Royal a lot at first. Performance was on par with the Sanitaire. It reminded me of a sports car version of the clunky Kirby. And though it worked well at first it got ugly and corroded from the moisture in the van very quickly. And like the Kirby and Sanitaire it was also a DIRTY vacuum.

For a while I was enjoying the Hoover Conquest vacuums. Now that's a seriously strong commercial vacuum. Built like a tank. Great suction and burly enough to pound nails with. However it was also a moderately dirty vacuum and it's heavy to work with. It really is like vacuuming with a truck.

I've also worked with Dyson. They clean well. But I can't stand the cheap plastic toy-like build quality that they have. I've also owned a couple of Oreck's. Oreck's clean reasonably well, but they're also toys - and they're dirty.

Through the years, I've opted for dual motor commercial uprights like the Sebo/Windsor, Lindhaus RX 380, and ProTeam ProForce 1500xp Hepa vacuums. These vacuums are all HEPA vacuums and therefore are uber-clean (they don't spew dust back into the environment). And the dual motor design performs cleaning very well. These days I'm liking the bang for the buck that the ProTeam ProForce 1500xp Hepa delivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: dgardner
D

Deleted member 51539

I have the World's Most Powerful Kirby...

Well at least 18-20% improvement over stock.

That and an attachment that will replace the Rug Badger...
View attachment 3646

Reactions: Mikey P
D

Deleted member 51539

No Sanitaire, just have to make it fit.

Did you sell that #3 blower you had on Ebay a while back?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Found a Blue Rug one here on craigslist. 200 and has All the accessories in the box.

Sent from my RCT6077W2 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 51539

Do those nubs actually come in contact with the rug back?

Really cool if so!

Yes, the vacuum draws the rug into the beater bar.

You should see it on Berber... Sand dancing all around the head in front of it.

I watched the Happy cleaner guy vacuum with his clear track (for like 2 hours, LOL).... unfortunately, there are better ways to do it.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Hey Admiral.

You know when I am cleaning I can run the machine hard up against edges and corners and then on the side closest just tilt the machine slightly and bleed in air from the wall side of the head and it actually does edges reasonably well without a hose, any significant filtering though and it's hose time.

Grant

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom