Mikey's Lunchpail vs. a V

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Sheesh, I haven't even bought my first porty, and I'm already spec'ing out TM's, or just T's... WTH category does a V go in, anyway?

So of course I've been reading about the V and Mikey's lunchpail.

I'm failing to see the advantages of a V to the 'pail.

Can someone post some hard specs and prices on both of them? Might put a bit of a better perspective on it.

Personally, I'm leaning toward a 'pail right now...but then again, I don't know anything, and I can prove it. The only thing I don't like about the Judson set up is the propane water heater. It seems a shame to be burning more money (propane) when you've already burned perfectly good money (gas) in the engine, and produced a bunch of heat that could be used to heat water.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Vortex: cost about 85000 and up.. Purpose built for high production. Guarenteeable dual wanding results and all the heat and pressure you would ever want. It gives you the ability to do anything from upohlstery to carpet cleaning, to tile and stone cleaning to pressure washing in one machine and with the capacity fo over 200 gallons of fresh water on board and atleast that big of a waste tank. You can work from sun to sun down most days with out stopping to refill or dump or worry about an automatic pump out hose or having to hook up to your clients water supply. This was built by a carpet cleaner who wanted the biggest and best machine possible to get cleaner carpets that dried quickly with out the need for an army of carpet blowers.

Lunchpail: Aka the Judson TNT: purpose built easy maintenance slide in truckmount designed to give high performance results for most single wand applications while allowing some dual wanding. Mostly geared for single wanding operations. The platform allows the unit to be setup in a variety of vans or box truck combine with 150 gallon waste tank and your choice of direct hook up or any size water tank you would want (or les would suggest) giving you a wide selection of configurations. By eliminating the HX to draw heat off the unit and implementing a propane heater. You can maintain high cleaning temperatures and simplify the over all machine design and simpler is better when breakdowns occur. Add to it un restricted plumbing and and ports for 2.5 inch hose ports for nice long runs. They have been making TM for over 35 years and a reputation for service that proceeds them as best in the industry

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
sweendogg said:
Vortex: cost about 85000 and up.. Purpose built for high production. Guarenteeable dual wanding results and all the heat and pressure you would ever want. It gives you the ability to do anything from upohlstery to carpet cleaning, to tile and stone cleaning to pressure washing in one machine and with the capacity fo over 200 gallons of fresh water on board and atleast that big of a waste tank. You can work from sun to sun down most days with out stopping to refill or dump or worry about an automatic pump out hose or having to hook up to your clients water supply. This was built by a carpet cleaner who wanted the biggest and best machine possible to get cleaner carpets that dried quickly with out the need for an army of carpet blowers.

Lunchpail: Aka the Judson TNT: purpose built easy maintenance slide in truckmount designed to give high performance results for most single wand applications while allowing some dual wanding. Mostly geared for single wanding operations. The platform allows the unit to be setup in a variety of vans or box truck combine with 150 gallon waste tank and your choice of direct hook up or any size water tank you would want (or les would suggest) giving you a wide selection of configurations. By eliminating the HX to draw heat off the unit and implementing a propane heater. You can maintain high cleaning temperatures and simplify the over all machine design and simpler is better when breakdowns occur. Add to it un restricted plumbing and and ports for 2.5 inch hose ports for nice long runs. They have been making TM for over 35 years and a reputation for service that proceeds them as best in the industry

Now that was a damn helpful post, thank you. It even makes sense to burn more fuel if it means reduced/easier/cheaper mx. Both sound like great tools, but for the price of the vortex, I could get the Judson, a truck, and pretty much everything else I need to get started and even have a bit of working capital left. Now if I can just find a 1997 Dodge van with 35k miles on it for 4.5k dollars, I'd be set.

Actually, I'm thinking about buying a "toy hauler" fifth wheel and installing a TNT in it. The one I'm looking at has an 85 gallon fresh water tank. The blackwater tank size slips my over-forty mind right now. Anyway, putting an 8.5k watt gen in it and a TNT might make a fairly nice cleaning rig, if the back end of the trailer will take the weight of a TNT.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thank you David for an excellent description of both machines that squirt, suck and produce hot water.

Well done.

Ooroo,

:D :D :D

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Maybe I should trade my two Powermatics for one lunchpail. :eek:

I like the higher cfm blower, and that it is not dumbed down with complicated heat exchangers. Will the propane keep up with a fuel oil burner?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I think the V is a serious marketing tool. IMO, it's the look of the truck, not what's inside it. I think it would be a good move to put the pail in a truck like the V.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom