Mikey's right...there is something in the Emails today

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Got this email this morning:

Hi Meg,
I wanted to touch base with you regarding the cleaning that I had done on Tuesday. It was a pleasure meeting your husband and assistant and I was very impressed with their wealth of knowledge and professionalism as I was not here the last time you cleaned. While I'm very happy with my carpets (they look much brighter and I know they are cleaner) I am not thrilled with the result of my sofa. From the start they told me that because the material was a cotton there was no way that they would be able to completely eliminate the stains but that the cleaning would make it look better. I have to say that I think it looks worse. Being in the interior design industry I completely understand limitations however it was never suggested to me that by cleaning it there was a chance that it would look worse! If they had said that I'm not sure if I would of gone through with it. I had been debating as to whether I had it cleaned or whether I replaced the cover with a faux leather that was more durable.
I'm not sure if there's anything else that you can do here but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Was out of the office all day with meetings so sent her an email back telling her I was sorry to hear she was unsatisfied and that I'd call her this afternoon so we can work toward a resolution.

Then we have been playing phone tag all afternoon.

So, you've had a taste of how I handle these kind of thing. How do you think it's going to go down? How would you handle this?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Personally I'd want to see the piece before you make any decisions one way or another. So many things can happen in the drying of a natural fiber piece that I'd want to see it.

Can she send you a photo so you can see what she is talking about?

As far as how I would handle it, we always want the opportunity to correct the issue when allowed to do so. If not and we feel its our responsibility we could refund partial or all depending on the situation.

Anyone can shine when things go smoothly, it’s how you handle client problems that show your true professionalism. :cool:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Not agreeing with you Richard - you show up in person and deal with it NOW.Re-clean and if that doesn't work for the customer, refund completely.

Reactions: EDS

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm with Larry... I had last week on where it looked horrible after cleaning... Yet next day I went back to see if I want to mess with it more -and it looked very nice.

EDS

Name
Ed
My real reason for a picture sent to me is so I know what I'm dealing with before I get there. I'd like to know what I need to bring or figure out a plan in how I'm going to handle this.
Assume the worst...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes but is it something I can correct onsite or will it take multiple attempts at correction and need rapid drying in our dry room. Do I need a full sized van and two technicans so they can pick the piece up.

I'd prefer to know what I'm getting into before I get there and a photo should help in that way.

Lars

Name
Lars
Those Linen sofas are not very user friendly, so try another cleaning to demonstrate you did your best on it and determine whatever is left is permenent staining. All you can do with it.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Sometimes customers lie or have misunderstandings about the Information that they are given during the consultation. Did your crew tell the Husband that the item would BE CLeaner OR that it would look better---- two very different meanings when it comes to trashed fabric. sometimes is all in the semantics. Be sure to get your crews side of the story before saying anything.

on Trashes cotton fabric we we always recommend replacement-this way if they still go with the cleaning they have been pre warned. We try to Under promise and over deliver.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Brian H

Name
Brian H
My general rule of thumb would be to send that crew back to check it out. They know what the sofa looked like prior to cleaning and also what method was used to clean it.

If there is an issue that was caused by the cleaning, the crew can call from the home and we can make a decision on how best to proceed.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Special care fabrics (natural fibers) don't always respond as well to HWE. Many time we will use old school ways on natural fibers. Steam where it needs to be steamed, but shampoo the piece with a hand mitt or sea sponge using a neutral cleaner. They seem to respond better in appearance.

However body oils and stains can also oxidize on those fabrics and become permanent. There should be some level of caution should they attempt to correct the problem. Unlike carpet, upholstery can be unforgiving. :errf:

Reactions: Shane Deubell

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Does he work pro bono?

P.S. Richard. So you apply a shampoo for natural fabric and vacuum, the old fashioned way (no rinsing.)?
My experience with that is that it hardly does any cleaning and leaves residue. It is great particularly for clean sofas.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Step by step?

Prevacuum to remove dry soils, many times you can see an amazing difference just vacuuming. Mix up a neutral shampoo like Prochem's Fine Fabric Shampoo B105 (5-6 ph) in a bucket. Whip up the lather and using a hand mitt or a sea sponge use the lather to gently scrub the fabric. The mitt works good on the soiled areas and the sea sponge applies enough to clean with but leaves little moisture. Towel dry with white terry towels. Pay attention to what is being removed on your towel. If need re clean and towel again. If necessary spray with diluted Prochem's All Fiber Rinse B109. Water stains or yellowing Prochem's Oxyplus can be added to your shampoo solution. I generally don't but if needed it can be used in combination with B105.

The All Fiber Rinse can be used to neutralize any residue concerns you might have but frankly...I mean Ofer-ly I've never seen any issues with Prochem's Fine Fabric Shampoo. :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom