Mikey's USED wand

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I talked with Mike today and discussed the upcoming Las Vegas event and just shot the shiznit. In that conversation our wand was brought up and how things were going with it....it has come with a hefty price tag of DRAMA.
But I love the wand and I offered to send a new one to Mike. He said that would be awesome as he will be doing a bit of work next week.
So as my day went on I kept thinking about our conversation and some of the things that have been said back when I started working on it....so...
This maybe the first time as far as I know that a product is going to be sent not in "NEW CONDITION!!" Nope this wand was built sent out right after ICE , abused beyond belief and sent back to me for a full refund no questions asked.
I cleaned up the wand and have been using it ever sense to see what was wrong with it???
Mike made the statement here on this board of course saying lets see how long it lasts.
Well not out of any disrespect of any kind what good would it do to send Mike a brand spanking new wand that NEEDS to prove itself, there is no way in a weeks time he will put a dent in a brand new wand.
So I cleaned it up, replaced the old style solution lines, added my modded valve, all done with high flow in mind, put the newer manifold brackets and manifolds on it, addded the famous MYTEE comfort handle. So it should have all my improvements that I have been working on.
Tested it for any leaks at 1300 psi it all checked out okay.
Added some new oil to my oil filled swivel so it should be good to go, boxed it up tonight and will send it off to Mike in the morning.
Now there is one concern I have that is a fairly new little mod I am doing, I am making my own solution line ends, they have a brass insert but the outer crimp is of stainless steel, I am trying to get rid of the internal rust that forms inside almost all of our solution lines, this is the only thing that has not had some real time put on them, but I have a hyd hose crimp machine and I believe they will hold up okay.
So Mike I am doing this not because I am on the cheap or out of disrespect, but because I want you to see and use a swivel that has some time on it.
Now Mike can choose to keep it, or after he is done with his trial donate/auction it off to the members here.
So enjoy the wand and thank you for letting us be here,
IMG_20150618_211439790_zpsemiqblqu.jpg
This is my new hose ends
001_zpsapgpsumu.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
good deal, I prefer it that way Tom.

I don't mind being a guinea pig, in fact I really enjoy testing cleaning gadgets.

I don't enjoy it though when it's painfully obvious that the manufacturer never even looked over what they sent me and the thing fails within seconds.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
good deal, I prefer it that way Tom.

I don't mind being a guinea pig, in fact I really enjoy testing cleaning gadgets.

I don't enjoy it though when it's painfully obvious that the manufacturer never even looked over what they sent me and the thing fails within seconds.
Oh shoot now I gotta go unbox the dam thing and check it damit

Mikey P

Administrator
Well..

Its a very very nice wand.

-Works great right out of the box. No tweaking needed on mine. But this was Tom's personal wand keep in mind.
-Vacuum is fantastic. A real screamer.
-Jets do not drip OR over spray. Pig slop approved!
-Knock off glide doesn't glide as smooth as a GG for some reason could be the short slots are a hair fatter, could be some other sort of Teflon or something -I'm missing but it just feels different. Or I could just be out of shape.
-Jet placement is spot on, yet adjustable.
-At $800 it's a screaming deal.
-Nice SS Westpak soft touch trigger but I prefer the brass version. Cheaper and less prone to cracking.
-Hoses and fittings are very well done, some manifolds have slightly crude welds but should last forever.
-The window is sort of fun but you'd have to do 6 dry stokes to get it to run dry as water lingers in the head. Much like the clear pipes on the REs. At some point a new one will need to be ordered an maybe those tiny screw will come out nice and smooth. I hope.
-A nice grip that stays put and the very nice mytee assist handle
The swivel made, no play and a bit of tension on it. As mention my left arm/hand gets a bit tired trying to get the wand "straight" all the time. It gets old after a while but admitiily, there are a few times in each room where the swivel action proves beneficial, just like a Ball vacuum.
-The Y hose that goes to the two manifold uses the 1/4 brass quick connects, not sure if Tom applied anti seize but I will if we keep it.
-If the swivel had a big but low profile button right on top that you could step on (think old school head light brights button on the floor) this wand would get an A plus for form and function. It gets a D- for having Tony Dang involved, a D for ripping off the Prochem Ti "Look" but another A for Tom's involvement...I like Tom a lot

I hope Tom decides to work with another manufacture, I hope he changes to "Look" and goes with a Original Green Glide so I could personally get behind this wand....

We'll wait and see.

I'd love a rigid knock off free version.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Thanks Mike,
I am glad you tried it out.
I also understand your review, just glad you at least tried it, I saw the "WELL" yesterday but didn't scroll down to see your post......Funny,funny... when growing up "WELL" was never followed by anything good.
Also I think if you just let the wand do its thing you wont fight it so much, it takes a little getting used to. But I have noticed the grab handle is always lining up with my right hand as I reach for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Tom you really did a nice job with this..

My guys like it a lot but really want a lock out.

I'm already developing a callous on my left had from "righting" it all the time..

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I'm already developing a callous on my left had from "righting" it all the time.. Are you sure this is not just cause your just getting back into shape man :icon_razz:

I also use a swivel cuff at wand, this helps take some of the hose coil lash from getting to the wand, the hose will affect it. I don't really notice it anymore.
I will pay attention tomorrow as I work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom