MikeysFest "The Aftermath of Knowledge"

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Nothing looks quite the same after attending the Fest. It's kinda like someone hit the refresh button : )

All these new pretty colors...............

Been A lot of places and met a lot of people, worked in all sorts of industries across the U.S. from Auto Refinishing & Restorations, Auto Lifts, News Print Press, Management, Firearms, Construction , etc.etc etc....I love doing something and when I do it, I do it the best I can so I only have to do it once, get bored easy, look at all the MF pics n vids (do I win an appearance in the most media prize) you name it an my hyper lil rear end has probably done it.

To me it has always been easier to hang out with the Older Crowd people who know their stuff and love what they do, like "Poppy" back home. He is a bone a fied Turbine Cowboy out in the wind fields, plays in the Crane quite a bit. Guy is like my Dad and has whooped me a time or two just for posterity of sorts ( if you know me you will completely understand this ) I learned by Real Down Home people that don't know how to B.S. to get what they want, they just want to teach you what they know so your at least doing it right, or to test ya and see how good ya really are. MikeysFest Was Full of these types of people, everywhere, from everywhere.

Jeff Cross hit it correct when he termed it "GrassRoots" ! may seem like a redneck term, but in some parts of this country this word has power in it. Similar to Heritage, Ancestors and probably best described as Family. There are no words that could possibly explain what I learned and the drive it has given me. The thought process, The lifelong connections and friends we all made.

It's been two days since I got home and all I am still decompressing information, WOW!

How many of ya have been peckin on your websites, posting with more thought on your social media, maybe even made a few changes in your rigs because of what you learned ?

I have : )

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He was all over the truck mounts outside. I saw him looking at the Butler many times, also saw him with the Aerotech the El Diablo and the Prochem he may have touched the Sapphire and others too. I know he was all over the EDIC and the Zipper.

Pretty sure his finger prints were on everything! :winky: That guy made the most of the trip. Then he won a $500.00 upholstery tool to boot! :icon_cool:

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Now I am applying that knowledge : )

ahemasez.jpg

Learning to follow the purple line will definitely take some time to masta though : )

My mind is warped w this information that keeps gushing out, wow!

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
High heat Doc!

Dang near took the covers off but Bawb was gettin all antsy : )
Rep didnt care, he was enjoying my enthusiasm.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Now I am applying that knowledge : )

ahemasez.jpg

Learning to follow the purple line will definitely take some time to masta though : )

My mind is warped w this information that keeps gushing out, wow!

Right on buddy!

Has worked for us for many years and miles.

We actually use the Rotella T 15-40 weight oil in our Butler and GMC rigs
Was great meeting you in person.

You are a sparkplug :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bob vawter

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Running 3/4 quart of Lucas in it, secret syrup : )

Hey, While I got ya here:
What is usually the first thing to start squeeking under the hood?

Changed belts, pulley's, alt....the bird chirps killin me! Comes n goes, worse when cold, boggling.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Running 3/4 quart of Lucas in it, secret syrup : )

Hey, While I got ya here:
What is usually the first thing to start squeeking under the hood?

Changed belts, pulley's, alt....the bird chirps killin me! Comes n goes, worse when cold, boggling.

I did have a brand new pulley with the bearings go bad right away once, but sounds possibly a belt doing the chirpping.

Every now and then on the Butlers the lower pulley on the crankshaft gets really grooved out and will prematuraly wear out the belts, then chirp and bog down from slipping.

Tough one to anaylze off the top of my head.

Mark

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I'll keep squirtin it then, eventually it has to die : ) Not wanting to replace the front end fur a bird chirp.

Much Gracias Amigo! Back to work in the snow tomorrow!

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
"To me it has always been easier to hang out with the Older Crowd people"

You were talking about Richard and Olson weren't you? LOL! It was nice to meet you Chris. Lets get together soon since your just over the holler .

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I'll keep squirtin it then, eventually it has to die : ) Not wanting to replace the front end fur a bird chirp.

Much Gracias Amigo! Back to work in the snow tomorrow!

We are getting hammered with the cold again tonight. We have been carrying a shovel and a small snowblower to get to some of our jobs the past 2 days.

This weather sucks!

Oh well....its what we deal with....

Mark

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I was thinking about how cold it must be for you this morning. We were below 0, so that usually means like at least 25 below for you...it's usually critical for me on the first set up. Being 1 guy, I have to hustle!

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

You were talking about Richard and Olson weren't you? LOL! It was nice to meet you Chris. Lets get together soon since your just over the holler .

For Sure!

My brotha from anotha motha : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Are you sqirtin the belt .. I could be wrong - but I feel like I've been told not to spray the belt (if that's what you're doin) .. forgot why - but remember that

Take the breather off a Chevy 5.7 and you can see every pulley on the motor. with a stemmed can, you can get behind the pulleys. I can't stand to pull up on a project squeelin like a pig.

Belt dressing will help if your stretched and slippin a lil.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
It was nice meeting you. I hope 2014 is the best year you have ever had!

Lift where you stand!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
It was nice meeting you. I hope 2014 is the best year you have ever had!

Lift where you stand!

Like wise : )

Ur 1 stand up guy I hope to hear you speak again!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

:eekk: Hey!

I'm not THAT old! Well........actually I kinda am. :icon_redface:

I just don't act like it. :biggrin:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
What's with the oil, filter, and dayco thing?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Scott,
I run a PTO system so we are changin from cheap oil to a premium oil in the vans engine. Might actually go thicker than the 10-30 in hopes to reduce the Lucas use. These things run pretty hard and ya gotta take care of em. Never doubt your lube an oils if you do, make a change.

The Dayco box is a new pulley, routine maintenance feller : )

Reactions: Mark Saiger

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Sometimes a new belt will click like a stuck lifter until it wears in, but a squealing belt means it either needs to be tighter, a pully is misaligned, or a bearing is bad in one of the pulleys. Tensioner spring failure is very common, which in turn causes premature failure of the tensioner pulley bearing, which sqeals like a bad belt.

Belt dressings will make your serpentine belt wear out quicker or even delaminate. They're a temporary bandage that doesn't fix the problem anyway.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Sometimes a new belt will click like a stuck lifter until it wears in, but a squealing belt means it either needs to be tighter, a pully is misaligned, or a bearing is bad in one of the pulleys. Tensioner spring failure is very common, which in turn causes premature failure of the tensioner pulley bearing, which sqeals like a bad belt.

Belt dressings will make your serpentine belt wear out quicker or even delaminate. They're a temporary bandage that doesn't fix the problem anyway.

So far the re-alignment and improved rear clamp have made drastic improvements.
When I got it, we replaced everything on the front end. Brake job all 4's. I knew in my gut it wasnt lined up but I had to get going so here we are...
In 2 1/2 yrs I have blown a tensioner, idler and 2 wrong belts. Upgraded alternator to a High Amp.

I do All the mechanical, normally dont need much help unless its long or heavy : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom