Mine and other biznezez Direct Mail Paper Coupon Book

BUSY BEE

I got a paper coupon book (6 in x 4 in) in the mail a few weeks ago, thought it might be something to call and see what the price was. This guy wanted $1600 for the cover and $900 to be inside!!! Then started babbling about how he really wants the "BIG CARPET CLEANING CO" (they do mass advertising) but they've already spent over their budget, blah, blah.... man I was pretty pissed and insulted. F this guy I'll never do business with him.
So then I got the idea: The printing co I found out here is really good to me and figured, why don't I get all the local business' together, make our own coupon book together, switch the cover between businesses every mailing. No one profits, we split all costs equal, make a deadline when everything is due to go out. I live in an area where a new Subway opened, there's a mon and pop Pizza place that just opened, I got drunk with the owner of a Bar/Grill at another bar (he doesn't drink at his place, he feels it's bad business) and many other business to see if they might want to do it.
Am I dreaming too much?
Do any of you think this could work?
Pros and Cons?
All comments and advice is apprectiated....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes, I've been wanting to do something like that with my Letip group.
Hard to organize but probably worth it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: Mine and other biznezz Direct Mail Paper Coupon Book

I do something similar with a flier that has 11 other home service business. We each hand them out at every customer contact.

BUSY BEE

Cool, so you guys don't think this is as crazy as it sounds? Dave and Brian I know you guys understand business very well. The organization part is going to be the hardest. My other idea was getting my godmother's daughter (who's unemployed) and having her stay on everyone, organize, get the artwork to the printers and make the deadlines. I don't have to pay her much, as it won't take up too much of her time. I feel like I can negotiate the cover part with the other business', or I'll pay more for the cover (the cover's always the best). The cover requires more $$$, but the cover cost pays her time and effort. I can get bulk rate mailing at .22 cents per, if I can get at least 10 businesses, I think there's something like 25,000 homes and business'. Not dong the math yet I think this can work.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I got a plastic card from my pest control company a few weeks back that had 12 squares on the back with other businesses/coupons on them. The other side was their info/card. I was very nice because you could use them at these other places and small enough to keep it with you. I would like to do that with complimenting businesses.

BUSY BEE

boazcan said:
I got a plastic card from my pest control company a few weeks back that had 12 squares on the back with other businesses/coupons on them. The other side was their info/card. I was very nice because you could use them at these other places and small enough to keep it with you. I would like to do that with complimenting businesses.
that's a good idea as well. The bottom line is: why pad some advertisers wallet, when you can do it with other people for a small percentage of the cost, what they do isn't brainsurgery, it seems to me more about organizing and keeping everyone on the same page, everyone has the same goal. I think if business owners team up together, they can keep costs down on this form of advertising.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I promote some of the companies I trust on my website and I do reviews for them on Google and all that so the ball is rolling at least a little.

I like the credit card size idea, although we want to keeps cost from getting out of hand.
I had considered this with my power partner and they all went for it...it just never happened.

I think now it would work with any reputable local company...give people some variety.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I had the same Idea in a newsletter format about 6 months ago. It’s one of the better ideas that I haven’t got around to implementing. My idea was to charge the other businesses just enough so that I got free advertising.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
We're working on the same thing.

The challenge is finding people that will actually follow through with it.

I'd encourage you to give it a go.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
This is kind of disappointing to me. This was my idea! It was one of those ideas given birth to in some disgusting, sleep deprived, late night commercial job. The ones where your eyes haze over because of the familiar meaningless of the task at hand. You b$st$rtds thought of it too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom