Mixing Powders In A Cimex?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
This might be a stupid question....

We like to scrub all commercial jobs with cimex before hwe. So far we have always used liquids like grand slam or local products.

Welp, i want to try out flex w citrus for scrubbing. Has anyone had a bad experience mixing a powder for scrubbing {pre-scrubbing cough, cough} ?

Is there some hyper-technical reason why you shouldn't?

Name
Jesse
We mix powder (not flex) in a 2 gallon bucket then add to the mex. We've removed the strainer filter from the bottom of the tank, not sure what it's needed for since there are no spray jets to clog.

Mikey P

Administrator
as long as a powder mixed up completely and you flushed the Mex after the day's use I don't see why not. real simple plumbing.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Shane;

It would depend on the type of powder formulation.

Presprays with oxidizers will dissolve slower, than powders with no oxidizers.

We formulate both types: PowerMax w/oxid. & StainResist Powder w/citrus solvent.

The oxidizers do add stain-removal capacity.

Larry

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Mix it in a bucket with hot water and you will be fine. If it does clog ( yes we have had it Happen ) easy fix.

cleancarpet

Name
Peter Edelstein
Zone Pro

Hello fellow carpet cleaners!

Chers from São Paulo Brazil!

I use Zone Pro and scrub with RX20 cylindrical brushes to scrub the pre spray. After that I remove everything with hot water in portables using the Rotovac 360I

No dirt left behind that is for sure. Problem is that's taking too much time and need a few hours to dry.

that is why I'm considering Cymex. I get really dirty carpet here in Brazil... not sure if Cymex alone would do a good job, but it seems fast, simple and dry... Everything I ever dreamed!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
that is why I'm considering Cymex. I get really dirty carpet here in Brazil... not sure if Cymex alone would do a good job, but it seems fast, simple and dry... Everything I ever dreamed!
Hi Peter welcome!

I would do one final HWE and then switch to encap with the Cimex to maintain it.

The degree of soiling will dictate when it needs to be flushed out again. We have some facilities where we have gone several years between HWE. Others have some areas still needing periodic rinsing with HWE. Most after the initial rinsing have yet to need more than the encap itself.

When you're not getting the desired results, you'll know its time to HWE again.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Shane, The Flex Powder with Citrus Solv dissolves very easily, faster and more completely than competing products. Using it through the Cimex will not be an issue. Just finish by running some clear water through at the end of the job.

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom