Mixtank Rinse and Prespray question

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
When I get set up to start a pre spray on a carpet job I still have rinse solution in my mix tank. About two gallons I think.So even if I have the flow meter turned off I would still be pre spraying the carpet with a combination of pre spray and rinse( from the previous job). So the only way to get pure pre spray is by completely draining the mix tank before each job.
My question is for the chemists on this board, how critical is it to do that every time? Will the pre spray be noticeably less effective when blended together with rinse solution? Do the two solutions together cancel each other out? Or am I over thinking this? What do you guys do?

PCCN

Hmmmmmmmm, our "mix" tank doesn't get rinse solution in it. It is metered after it leaves the tank and goies iin to the line as it leaves the machine.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
PCCN said:
Hmmmmmmmm, our "mix" tank doesn't get rinse solution in it. It is metered after it leaves the tank and goies iin to the line as it leaves the machine.

It doesn't really matter where the rinse solution gets metered in.

The question was does it effect the prespray.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
KevinD said:
PCCN said:

It doesn't really matter where the rinse solution gets metered in.

The question was does it effect the prespray.
Thanks Kevin. Besides if nothing gets mixed into the tank then it's not really a mix tank, right? somewhat amus

ascrubabove

Your rinse is very weak compaired to the pre-spray you are putting down, I do not turn my metering valve off when I am using my hydro force cause it has little affect on the pre-spray and that is one less trip out to the van!

F

Flashcat

ascrubabove said:
Your rinse is very weak compaired to the pre-spray you are putting down, I do not turn my metering valve off when I am using my hydro force cause it has little affect on the pre-spray and that is one less trip out to the van!

Right or Wrong... I do the same

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom