Modified Prochem wand into stair tool!

I took my Prochem quad jet wand and cut off 14 inches and re-welded it to make a custom stair tool. I'm just a tad over 6ft tall and 14 inches seemed to be the perfect amount to remove. It is heavier than normal stair tools but once you get use to it, it works awesome! I can clean stairs faster than before and not have the fatigue I had before when using my titanium wand. (How many people use their regular cleaning wand for stairs anyway?)

I'm new to this forum so I don't know if this has been talked about but I was wondering how many cleaners out there have modified their cleaning tools or built custom ones. Anybody want to reveal their secrets of success? I was thinking that a telescopic titanium wand would be awesome to have. It would be a regular wand and stair tool in one. But who is going to chop up their precious titanium to test it out!

Stairtool.jpg
weld.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
HI David. Glad you made it over here :) David has been a great friend and customer since I first started working for JWC Inc. way back when. He will be a great addition here :)

R

rotovacguy

Nice job, David.

I'll bet that baby makes quick work of stairs!

I thought about doing that, but I didn't want to cut up a 700 dollar wand. I purchased my first stair tool ever today and used it on a job. I really like it. It is just the right length that I can clean the steps without bending over and landings are easily done. The tool is 36 inches and has a 1200 psi valve so cleaning at 400 will not be a problem. I thought the price was fair at 145. I still plan on using my 4 jet wand, but it will be nice to have a smaller tool for tight areas. The flow is 4 which I thought would be too low, but it seems to be fine. Eventually I may go up to 6.

IMAG01851.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom