Modified TM for Air Duct Cleaning

Name
I'm Rick James
Can you use a modified TM vacuum system to clean air ducts with. Beside the Hepa Vac (mini fridge) machines, RotoBrush equipment is there any other options for vent cleaning. Above is the only equipment I have used to clean air ducts system. What to do this with little overhead as possible.

Thanks for any input. Also is there a BB forum just for vent cleaning.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Carpet cleaning machines with 2" vacuum hose are OK for light duty like the Rotobrush machines on some distribution runs, but really aren't ideal for high cfm negative pressure.

A leaf vacuum machine with an 8" to 12" vac line would be better.

I've always thought TMs should have a "pto" attachment point on the front of the machine to take optional tools like a tractor does.

High pressure pump
Air Compressor
Generator
High CFM duct fan
High volume flood pump
Many more....

Name
Lee Stockwell
"Negative air" is just another name for vacuum, but typically in the 2000-5000 cfm range and at a much lower Hg. than we use for carpets.

Yes it's needed to move debris out of the trunk lines and the rest of an HVAC system, while at the same time introducing needed brush agitation to dislodge "stuff" (dead mice, birds, construction waste etc).

The HVAC industry has made a largely self-serving move to keep carpet cleaners out of "their" playground via State regulations, so inquire first before buying anything.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
I'm Rick James
Thanks for the info Lee.

This is going to be its own seperate company that is dedicated to only air duct cleaning. He will be certified prior to taking this over.

Any prices for used equipment out there.

thanks

Ernie G

Brent, I have a duct-wizzard I'm selling and John Surdi is selling his big truck set up. Give me a call, I fill you in on the details.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
What to do this with little overhead as possible. I only want the best.

Hmmm.

NADCA is the place to go for duct cleaning information. Do you have to be licensed in Washington?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom