Modular Portable

Brett

Who would like to see an Aluminum Frame or any other strong lightweight material with pneumatic tires for stairs that has an easy lift off recovery tank. Recovery tank could weigh around 40 to 60 lbs for hand carry upstairs or small portable collapsible hand carts, the main cart and solution tank could weigh 60-70 lbs or you could make the solution tank easy to remove also. A modular design but with solution tank instead of APO only, but APO an option. My Recoil at 90-92 lbs is still tough to get up stairs especially with one person and the weak handle. My Mytee at 130 lbs., M5, 153 lbs. even worse. I know there are some modular APO and Pump out units being made, but I like a solution tank for adding defoamer and chems. Large openings for recovery and solution tanks so you can put chems, sprayers, rags, tools etc, when transporting, with large flat top surface for boxes on top and hose. I load my recoil solution tank with all kinds of stuff and load boxes on the flat top when I have to hike in from parking lots in retirement homes I clean at distances from 600-800ft. I'd like a nice cart to push with most my stuff on and in it. Removable T handle to the front of the cart and second small cart attached to the back of the unit for vacuums, crbs, op, rotary, fans, etc. Anybody like to see someone build something like this?

000_0217.jpg

000_0215.jpg

dasboot001.jpg

This is terrys unit

Brett

I have looked at Terry's unit before. Looks well made. His website doesn't list specs. Anyone know what that unit weighs and is it
Auto fill only?

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Brett,

This is and interesting thread and I've been thinking about it for a few days. Here's an idea. I don't know how light you would like the machine to be but the Mytee flood extractor could be built with the 70 gpm pump out but no vacs (but be plumbed for the 2-3 stage vacs). Add a Air Hog (2-3 stage vacs 148"/230cfm. Add a Water Hog (1200 adjustable from 50-1200 psi) and our Industrial Super-Charged Booster.

Another alternative would be to use a Breeze unit with just a 5 gpm pump out, Water Hog a Air Hog and the Mytee industial Super-Charged Booster.

I think each unit would weigh 50 lbs or less.

Brett

Alot of possible way's to go. My top requirements would be a unit that has the M5 suction and same pump. A smaller pump and vac modular units could be options to save weight and cost of course. Using your existing 4 pieces is doable and would be great if all units stacked together as one unit when in operaton on a custom cart. You could for now just build a custom two shelf cart for two pieces on the bottom and 2 top. You want to be able to use your modules on the cart to save set up time once inside the job. The only time you should have to break down the units is for vans without ramps and going up stairs. Now the only disadvantage to using your modular over a 3 piece portable,(base cart with pump, vacs, hose and electrical,and the removable solution and recovery tank) is that I think you'll find the four modules and the cart add up to more total weight than a properly designed portable.

randy

Name
Randy
Dennis Durr has one that is being tested. It will be on the market soon. Dirt Invader is another option.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom