Mold/air quality testing??

Name
John
There's no one in my area who does testing... So I was curious does it and how to get certified and what equipment is needed?? Had a customer that had a company come from 2 hours away for a test and charged 1000.00$. Any insight or advice? I'm just wanting to do the testing instead of remediation. Thank you

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
I do moisture/mold testing only-not just mold, to determine where the moisture is coming from that caused the mold. InterNachi offers these 2 courses. In addition a good inspector needs to be remediation certified to understand that part of the process.

But even if you get all 3 of these certifications the problem is that very few Remediators will hire you thinking (since IICRC does not absolutely require one) it costs too much and they don't want someone to point out what they missed. Also most remediation projects have more moisture problems than just the water damage that the remediator was hired for in the first place.

Sincerely,
Dale
www.flooringinspector.com

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We wouldn't hire a home inspector, no matter how good they are.

We only do work where a CIH is involved and they write the protocol and do Pre and post testing.

I'm sure we pass up lot of work, but most of these people have spoken to attorney or are an attorney or want to be an attorney. :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom