Mold killer for fabrics

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What is the best all round mold killer for fabrics or fibers, which can range from carpets & rugs, through to upholstery and curtains, (drapes) and suede leathers.

Also, is there a product available that will remove the mold stain without damaging the fabric such as what sodium hypochlorite will do.

Hydrogen peroxide ( H2O2 ) does have it's limitations, even in higher % and adding heat.

Thanks.

:eek:

PS ::: How do you Canucks and Yanks get on with the ways of spelling different words, such as mould / mold. ??

It must be like living in Martyville and working in the big apple. shiteatinggrin

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Don't know if there's one best mildecide Shorty. I'd be nervous about applying one to suede at all.

Looking at permanent mold staining under a microscope often shows physical damage to the fiber or dye, so the problem may not be fixable with any cleaning procedure. Sort of like trying to repair a bent fender with a better coat of wax.

If we can work with this quirky language that still includes spellings like sign and gauge, we can handle a few extra letters floating around the Commonwealth. It's the slang we can't handle. 8)

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm still young enough that I don't ALWAYS need the microscope. :lol: :lol:

When someone drops off a leather jacket and you can visibly see the small pit marks about as big as the round end of a pin, or the small shiny hide where the fibres of suede have been eaten away, these are what I like to point out to my customers before accepting any items for cleaning.

I just want to do that bit better and if I don't ask stupid questions, I won't learn. :oops:

Thanks,

Shortestwun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom