Molly pt 2.

Mikey P

Administrator
This lady though using some premix grout to cover her stained counter top.

Not only did she goop it up real bad but she used the wrong color.

P1000626.jpg

P1000627.jpg

P1000629.jpg

I used Franmar Soy Gel stripper. Nice safe stuff. No odour and not skin burns.

P1000631.jpg

P1000632.jpg

and a few tools..

P1000633.jpg

Power washed it off, color sealed it with Grout Perfect and voila!

P1000634.jpg

P1000635.jpg

P1000638.jpg

P1000639.jpg

P1000640.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
Thats a great job. How long did it take and what did you charge. Alot of money in tile cleaning a repair.

G

Great job!

Have you ever used that Soy Gel stripper before? And is that a Magic Wand product I see in the background there? :shock:

G

Hey Molley,its me again,I was just wondering,did you have to use all the tools,or could you have gotten away with a strong batch of that acid?Its OK if you didnt Mike cause I know you gotta pay for that baby in the driveway. :D

Chris A

Name
Chris
Very nice! I've been meaning to go do a ride-along with Steve A from Grout Perfect, just need to do it.

R

R W

The only place that I would see a counter top like that would be a rat nasty rental owned by a slumlord! Oh, and a few older Italian ladies and Studa-bubbas still have counter tops like that. And they ain't paying to clean them! In fact, they still clean their carpets by hand with Tide and amonia suds!

I'd still do it, though.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Do you always use those dental instruments. I just realized I have boxes and bags and more boxes of them
that my wife has used/autoclaved/retired over the years. Now I have some Ideas!

Mikey P

Administrator
RW must be use to Formica.

Magic Wand Acid is weak, I prefer Restore but want to use this stuff up.

A minimum of $600 to Color Seal a countertop

G

Mikey P said:
RW must be use to Formica.

Magic Wand Acid is weak, I prefer Restore but want to use this stuff up.

A minimum of $600 to Color Seal a countertop
The problem with that is justification,I can almost put in a granite slab for 600.00 bucks.Now,with that said,if it would last a good 5-7 years,fine,but you (they) already say no useage in a shower,so I am already skeptical on the time thing.And to be perfectly honest I think it might be really just a glorified masonry paint.This is not a bitch Mike,it is a real long term concern.

Mikey P

Administrator
Most daily use showers never dry out, having a impervious coating over the grout would be a bad idea.

Plenty of company have been color sealing for plenty of years and report no real issues.

$600 for the slab, how much for the labor, new paint, back splash, sink, fixtures, trim work, time and hassle?

G

I like the stuff(easy way to look better) I guess I have to see how it goes in the long term.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom