Monthly Fuel Bill!!!

Mike Draper

Just for kicks lets see what people are spending on fuel monthly. We are at about $1,420.00 for the last 30 days. I almost have to go to anger management class after each fill-up

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
April was $6,200.00 up about $2000.00 from March.
I wanted to cry! :cry:

We were working several fire & water losses in surrounding communities, so it was a lot more time on the road.

4.3% for the year, so not too bad, so far? 8)

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
$1563.00 One box truck, one extened van (that doesnt get used every day) and one Astrovan for the janitorial crew. The astro is all over the place.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
adv is about 6.5% for On Location cleaning and 8% for rug cleaning and repair. Water and fire rest is much lower (about 2%) so overall it drives my total budge down under 6%

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
My fuel bill is about the same as last year but my consumption has gone way down. There was a lot of waste going on that I have been able to stop. The first thing I do when I arrive at a house is...turn off the pig. I used to leave it idling for the 20 minutes to a half hour while I got things ready at a house. Next big thing was the direct drive doesn't go into full RPM speed when I turn it on because something broke that advances the idle, so now I can hydro-force and clean under furniture at low RPM, then I turn up the engine speed only when I need that mega clean mode that takes 2 gallons per hour. Third thing is I drive slower on the freeway as do a lot of other people. Ultimately I think this is going to bring down the casualty number out there on the highway, which is going to bring down insurance rates. Drive train wear and tire wear will be reduced. A lot of good is going to come from higher fuel bills.

juve20

$6,200, $1,420, $2,400 for 2 trucks..... feck!!!!! You guys must service a massive area!

My fuel bill is around ÂŁ60 a week e.g. ÂŁ240 month (around$500) and we do around 4 - 7 jobs a day, 6 days a week.

Thanks
Tony

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I foresee 2 grand at some point this summer for 1 truck. I put in 100 bucks twice this week alone.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Five to six grand a month. 1 carpet van, 2 cargo vans, 5 gas pickups and two diesel pickups.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Buy a 6 cyl van. Email Odin get the Nordic one electric truckmount and you will begin to save. If you are running massive truckmounts you will be burning money as regular gas will be $5.50 per gallon and Diesel $6.99 per gallon very soon.

Name
steve snail
April was $2200 in biz for every $100 spent on petrol. Live in a large metro area, however 80% of my service is 10 minutes or less from home.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Vinnie said:
Does that fuel cost also include your fuel to run your equip. Or is that another bill?
Vinnie

Once I'm at the customers house I can hook up to their gas tank with a long siphon hose. That really cuts the monthly fuel bill.

Greenie

I remember looking at the monthly fuel statement and being in shock at $900, by todays numbers it would have easily been $1300+.

I'd be looking for a fuel efficient single wand unit that kept a few pennies in the pocket these days....maybe one like Marty.

$20 a week in LP saves a LOT of gas I found out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom