More and more poly carpets. Need some feedback on energy.

topnotchman

Re: More and more poly carpets. Need some feedback on energ

Noticeable difference. Smells like Raid.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

yup thats the draw back to energy....it smells like bawbs balls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Josh Adler

I just had Jim Smith talking about the PTT fiber for CFI acouple weeks ago. He said the best products to use are "Soap Free"

DFC
Masterblend SoapFree
Procyon

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Daniel.. you already have redline, if you run into a PeT fiber.. skip the energy.. throw in your oxidizer and if you see lots of grease, add a little citrussolve or Citrusforce ASD. Masterblend actuelly recommonds using their citrus additive with olefin or poly carpets. And alot of your customers will actuelly enjoy the citrus scent that comes with those additives compared to energy.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret

cti extreme clean is the top dog on olefin. does great on poly too. ........I hate polyester!

TimP

juniorc82 said:
cti extreme clean is the top dog on olefin. does great on poly too. ........I hate polyester!

Extreme clean is alright. But it don't mix easily, just takes some extra time. I prefer a liquid like traffic slam over it, I'm sure there are many other liquids out there that clean just as well. Save time, spend maybe a buck more on a job....well worth the aggravation and time savings in my opinion.

Mikey P

Administrator

the new Super Polys, TriExta(sp?) and Smart Strand dont need that stanky shit.

Redline works great on poly carpet. I just wanted to add some kick to my slurry. I am going to get some just to use on trashed empties with poly carpet. For residential I will just upsell post pad with encap.

Thanks.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

The problem I see here more and more is "cheap carpet". Custys brag about how cheap they got the carpet for....$5-6-7-8-9-10 an yard, installed! Then, after a year or less of use, they become nastys that will clean, but the fiber wear will not allow them to look like new again. Clean a good, high quality carpet, and it will generally always clean up like new.

I really dislike the "frieze's", or modern shag. Many times they look like shit just because of fiber wear in the traffic lanes. Custys expect the carpet to look like under the furniture, which never gets any wear.

I'm going back to straight Procyon for pre-spray and rinse, with maybe a booster for nasty greaseys. I've tried a bunch of different pre-sprays lately, and they all are lacking. Plus, the amount of foam generated at the APO outlet is large. I never had that problem with Procyon.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy

I've presprayed polys with Extreme Clean...a little oxyblaster...a little citrus solve with great results on total craphole apts.....Energy stinks like ass

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret

TimP said:
juniorc82 said:

Extreme clean is alright. But it don't mix easily, just takes some extra time. I prefer a liquid like traffic slam over it, I'm sure there are many other liquids out there that clean just as well. Save time, spend maybe a buck more on a job....well worth the aggravation and time savings in my opinion.
dude what are you talking about ?I have never had a problem diluting extreme clean. Plus its economical. Extreme clean mixes only 2 oz to the gallon I think traffic slam is like 4 oz to the gallon. Plus extreme clean is super hot like 12 ph. I think traffic slam is only 11. I think its one of the best all around non stain resistant presprays out there . Ya again as far as mixing it has always mixed well in hot water for me

TimP

juniorc82 said:
TimP said:
juniorc82 said:

dude what are you talking about ?I have never had a problem diluting extreme clean. Plus its economical. Extreme clean mixes only 2 oz to the gallon I think traffic slam is like 4 oz to the gallon. Plus extreme clean is super hot like 12 ph. I think traffic slam is only 11. I think its one of the best all around non stain resistant presprays out there . Ya again as far as mixing it has always mixed well in hot water for me

They are both ph 11.

I'm talking about mixing for a hydroforce not a pump up. Yes it will mix in a pump up but it's not too easy to get a complete mix for a hydroforce 1-9/10, 18 oz in a gallon of water. And I'm not mixing a bunch of pump ups bottles or jugs for a battery sprayer doing large commercial jobs. I only get the high ph stuff when doing schools and odd jobs between where I think it might help. I prefer to put in what I need fill up the jug and go at it. I don't like to sit there and have to find hot water, or turn on my TM and wait for it, and then shake for 10 minutes or whatever to get it to mix and even then there is powder on the bottom.

Also you need to realize before you say something about mixing of a powder to someone that there are differences in water through out the country and mixing powder isn't as easy everywhere.

When you're getting to cost I said it does cost more to use traffic slam but there is time savings when mixing a liquid and a powder, and you can't deny that, even getting the scoops of powder in a hydroforce or gallon jug is a pain in the ass. When I bought traffic slam I bought it at around 19 a gallon in quantity, and for 4 oz to gallon that's right in the ball park of where I like to be when paying for a liquid prespray that saves me time and does a good job, just as well as extreme clean.

Extreme clean isn't near as great as you think, power burst and powerstrike is better than it and I don't think they are the best in all situations. They have weaknesses in what it can do compared to other cleaners. Judson O2 so far from what I've tried is the best residential liquid prespray I've used. Niether extreme clean, traffic slam, or power burst are the best in these situations. Not to mention they cause me respiratory problems so the least that I can use them the better.

Anyways you need to think about what you're saying because what you use isn't going to be great another cleaner and it isn't the final word. Don't put someone down or say they don't know what they are talking about when in fact they know very well what they are talking about. I've probably cleaned carpet longer than you have, and probably more carpet, and I have probably tried more presprays than you have.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret

Dude you are talking out of your ass on so many levels. You dont know me, my experience or anything about me to qualify you to make the statements you did. Looks like you have just as long in this industry as I do so who named you the local expert?

TimP

juniorc82 said:
Dude you are talking out of your ass on so many levels. You dont know me, my experience or anything about me to qualify you to make the statements you did. Looks like you have just as long in this industry as I do so who named you the local expert?

It's the same talk you have saying someone don't know how extreme clean works. And you don't even know the PH.

It's quite simple. Not everything works the same across the nation, or have the same cleaning process. If you can't agree with me on those two things, then I don't know what to tell you.

And I said the things about the years and experience because of what yo said. Not because I know all about you, it's how you represent yourself. Notice how I said "probably" and that's because I don't know for sure.

Notice that I never said extreme clean is a crappy cleaner I said it's not the greatest thing out there like you claim it to be. And it's not for me. And that's what I was making clear. And I've gone through 2 6.5lb tubs and a bucket of it. And after that I decided I don't like it, not because it don't clean.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

When I used Procyon, I never had a problem with any carpet...that was about 5 years ago so I'm not sure if it's the same or if there is anything better.
Procyon also has an extreme clean prespray that I use and was really good.

I would mix Procyon heavy for prespray before that and it worked fine but their extreme clean really helped with efficiency.

I'm probably going to go back to Procyon if I can find a close enough supplier that carries it or if it isn't too expensive to ship etc.

I used Prolon after I stopped Procyon (supply issues) and it just wasn't as good. I think the powder procyon just worked better than the liquid Prolon.
That's just me.
Prolon is Bridgpoint.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

floorguy said:
yup thats the draw back to energy....it smells like bawbs balls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why are you sniffing Bawb's balls? :shock:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret

TimP said:
juniorc82 said:

It's the same talk you have saying someone don't know how extreme clean works. And you don't even know the PH.

It's quite simple. Not everything works the same across the nation, or have the same cleaning process. If you can't agree with me on those two things, then I don't know what to tell you.

And I said the things about the years and experience because of what yo said. Not because I know all about you, it's how you represent yourself. Notice how I said "probably" and that's because I don't know for sure.

Notice that I never said extreme clean is a crappy cleaner I said it's not the greatest thing out there like you claim it to be. And it's not for me. And that's what I was making clear. And I've gone through 2 6.5lb tubs and a bucket of it. And after that I decided I don't like it, not because it don't clean.
I understand it can be differant across the country but I am from central missouri and we have the hardest water I have ever seen so it does work fairly well. I do think the rtu ph is more than 11 at least 11.5 . But anyway Im glad traffic slam works for you and you certanly make a compeling argument . I will agree that there are many more factors involved in choosing a product for your company than what I have taken into consideration. Thanks for the debate tim I relish the chance to get my blood boiling every now and again !lol

TimP

It really is starting to be one of those things that annoys me. When someone says x prespray is the best out there. That's why when a new prespray thread pops up you hear the response. Get the ones you're interested in and try them out in your conditions and see if you like them. If you like a few and all conditions are equal then chose the cheapest. If one makes you say wow that cleans really well and fast and is awesome but costs some more and you see that it's worth the extra cost, get that one. Everyone has to make their own choice on what they use.

My closest competitor Rex who has been known to visit the boards uses a completely different tlc'er than me. He uses pros choice prozyme. I tried 2 tubs of it and while it cleaned ok. It was a total pain in the ass to mix, (even worse than extreme clean) and I had to do more spot cleaning behind it. Yes it is cheaper but I'm lazy and I'd rather pay a buck or two more a job and not have to spot clean near as much. Not to mention fight getting it to completely dissolve. Rex gets his to dissolve by putting in a bucket and using a drill paddle mixer. I'm not into doing that, but it's worth it to him to save some money.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

oh yeahhhh procyon was the other board FAD a few years back. I guess if you never seen a quailty product really work you will never know what you are missing. olefins have been popular for years in commerical. the big trend is polyester frieze's, for those a good prespary like ultrapak traffic clean and a CRB machine will tear em up.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

steve g said:
oh yeahhhh procyon was the other board FAD a few years back. I guess if you never seen a quailty product really work you will never know what you are missing. olefins have been popular for years in commerical. the big trend is polyester frieze's, for those a good prespary like ultrapak traffic clean and a CRB machine will tear em up.

i hate the poly frieze....they just dont "POP" back like the nylons do....and it still looks like shit (wear pattern) even after its cleaned

TimP

floorguy said:
steve g said:

i hate the poly frieze....they just dont "POP" back like the nylons do....and it still looks like shit (wear pattern) even after its cleaned

Frieze's are probably the worst for wear, it don't matter what the material is they don't last worth a damn with traffic. The nature of the design allows for a lot of movement which causes wear faster. The best carpet in my opinion is a moderate to heavy dense cut pile nylon, continuous filament of course.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

I use Energy somewhat interchangeably with d'lim, but use more d'lim than Energy.

Been using Energy as a laundry preconditioner for years. Much better than Spray-N-Wash. Pour on the stain. Rinses out.

No, I don't use laundry detergent to clean carpet.

I was thinking about what the best residential carpet is.

What is the appropriate term for crush proof nylon? That seems to be the best.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

TimP said:
floorguy said:
steve g said:

Frieze's are probably the worst for wear, it don't matter what the material is they don't last worth a damn with traffic. The nature of the design allows for a lot of movement which causes wear faster. The best carpet in my opinion is a moderate to heavy dense cut pile nylon, continuous filament of course.

i like the nylon friezes....they usually pop nice, in fact i think thats what i want in my house is a frieze

in fact they dry quick to, is why i like them

and i want a slightly thicker type

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins

floorguy said:
steve g said:

They're very frustrating!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom