More on the Google Maps thingy

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Brian R said:
....have you seen how much internet real estate Service Magic has?
Yeah, Service Magic is camping out on my real estate.
Service Magic has claimed space on MY Google Places Page. I can not edit or delete the Service Magic contact info on MY Google Places Page. Yup, a few SM links. One link is directly to their site and a "get a quote" link as well. Is there any cure for this infection? Will this cancer grow till it eats me away? Am I the only one?

Details
Provided by the business owner?Area served?: Geneva, IL, USA 20.0 miles from center? - Show
Provided by the business owner?Payment Accepted?: Check??, Invoice??, Cash??, Paypal?
More from servicemagic.com »?Get A Quote?: Get A QuoteProvided by the business owner?Email?: chris@normscarpetcleaning.com?
More from servicemagic.com »?Services Offered?: Tile??, Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning?
More from servicemagic.com »?In Business Since?: 1977?Business owner, servicemagic.com
More details »

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You will need to create your own Google Places account and add your location. Even if you do have the Google Places account already you need to add your location.
If SM has one on you...because Google probably picked it up (SM probaby didn't put it there)...then you need to either try to claim that listing or make a new one.

Oh God...am I going to say it??? lol...you could always report the listing that SM has. :shock:

Some people will have a field day with what I just said. lol

Or you can leave the SM listing...it could help your business...Talk to Fred FCC....that guy knows Google and as good as his own Google.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Brian R said:
You will need to create your own Google Places account and add your location. .

This is MY Google Places account and location. I have had it out there for 1 1/2 yrs. The Service Magic details and links just popped up a couple months ago.

Brian R said:
...then you need to either try to claim that listing or make a new one.

My Google Places listing has good reviews and comes up number 1. I would hate to dump out that juice and start over.

FCC said:
They do this as part of the "exact match" program. You DO NOT have to participate in exact match. Call them immediately and tell them you do not want to and you would like all profiles they created on directories erased. You will likely find they have done the same in other places (kudzu, citysearch, insiderpages, etc.)..

Thank you sir, I will call them on Monday drop the exact match. I have been able to claim and correct most of the listings Service Magic has created for me on other directories.

FCC said:
Search the phone number they listed (your exact match number) on google to find other profiles they created..)

Great idea. Duh, why did I not think of that. I have been just searching my company name.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred, won't the SM placements HELP your Google listings Yada Yada?

I still find my SM listings around whilest looking around.

I know the number goes to them....but at least it has my name? Then again, I suppose if it has my name it can still go to someone else.

What are your thoughts Hopson?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I thought maybe Google would find something there besides the name to make the connection.

Maybe it's just the name...but I doubt that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom