100_1888.jpg

100_1889.jpg

100_1890.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Thanks Richard & Brian

We've taken in 89 rugs so far starting last wednesday, which I am happy with. It will make money if the flow continues & ideally grows. My break-even based on average size, type, add-on sales, etc is about 2000 pcs. My smallest location in Ann Arbor did about 3500 last year. That location has been open over 10 years and my hope is that this one will be close to it in year one as the population is much higher.

Ken

harryhides

Name
Tony
Very nice Ken except for the ghastly little pink desk in the 4th pic - did you you specify that metro desk ?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Congrats Ken,

Is than an epoxy floor?

Did you get 85 pieces just from opening the store up? With no ads for the store opening? ...meaning people that just passed by.

LOL @ Pink Desk!

DavidVB

Ken,

Somebody is and has been doing something right for a long time.

I hope you don't mind if my son and I take you up on your offer for a tour in the next couple months.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you are a metrosexual just for using the word boutique

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL- its not pink, but it does look like it in the pic. It is maroon.

David, happy to have you whenever you and your son want to make the trip.

SNC00142.jpg

It is a rug cleaning drop off center and teeny showroom. Our other showrooms are 8-18,000 sq ft and have thousands of rugs. This only has less than 250, so I called it a boutique.

I am advertising all the time and this whole month is our grand opening sale with the offer good at any of our drop off centers. All have had a nice bump in volume with the sale, which supplanted our usual summer sale.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Ken, will you experience a drop off in the rugs at other centres?

I'm just wondering if to a certain extent, you'll rob Pete to pay paul, compensating for people using this one because it's closer or are you hoping it'll generate primarily NEW clientele?

John

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Good question John

Each time we have opened a new rug care center or showroom it has both effected other(s) and increased our portion of the cleaning/retail pie.

If this location is simlar to others there will be an approximate 5-10% inpact negative impact on the 2 closest locations in volume, but the balance will be new business or increased frequency of cleaning because they don't have to drive as far anymore. We had 2 of the customers who already said this to our person there. They had waited almost an extra year because of the drive to the usual location they go to. If we can make a get a few hundred current customers to increase frequency of cleaning by 50-100% plus add a lot of market share we'll be doing great.

Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We did years ago Richard, it was one that we had in storage so the cost was just the company to crane it there and install- about $1200.00

Bob Foster

Congratulations Ken on your latest addition. I looks quite streamlined. I'm betting that the business systems were easy to snap in their too.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
systems were easy Bob, central computer tied in through VPN to our main server, phone on VOIP through main system in headquarters etc....

The floor is an epoxy texture over concrete in pristine cpondition from previous tenant. We liked it so didn't change it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am getting ready to read the Cleanfax article; Area Rugs...Uncover a hidden profit center.
During "quiet time"
Maybe I will get into it one day.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am getting ready to read the Cleanfax article; Area Rugs...Uncover a hidden profit center.

They should have the counter argument "how to ace up your reputation by not having a system set up"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom