Most expensive thing you almost broke

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Cleaning a hotel with a lot of art all over the halls.
Caught this on its way down. Looked at the price and was SOOOO thankful for quick reflexes.
IMAGE_949.jpg

$3000!

Bob Foster

Ron Werner said:
Cleaning a hotel with a lot of art all over the halls.
Caught this on its way down. Looked at the price and was SOOOO thankful for quick reflexes.
IMAGE_949.jpg

$3000!

I remember that job. Sooke Harbour House. We did that one together when your old truck was down.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We were extracting a basement and I knocked a large TV out of an entertainment center, she took a tumble and rolled twice. :shock:

When I went to fess up, the lady of the house said "that? It's been broke for years." :oops:

Bob Foster

Fortunately Ron lowers his vacuuming standards on commercial work. He vacuumed and I cleaned for most of it if I remember right.

This was a boutique hotel on the waterfront and featured lots of local art for sale all over the place.

http://www.sookeharbourhouse.com/

blaisesdaddy

$480.00 I bought a hand-made ceramic frog that fell off it's wall stand when my wand hit the baseboard about 10-15 feet from it. I never touched it. Apparently the painters (who had just finished painting the room) hadn't properly seated it on its stand. I paid for it without arguing whose fault cause the job came thru one of my best referral sources (high end realtor).

Name
Jesse
I flooded the EPA's radon testing lab w/ about 300 gallons, there were many electrical devises on the floor, I was told that one machine alone was almost 100k. I was sweating bullets until we got word that nothing was destroyed. Never been back there.....

gary mackay

Supposedly a Gibson acoustic guitar that had a single digit of manufactured Gibson guitars. It was flapping on the wall where it hung when I found out it in time. I thought it was just an old beat up worn out guitar. The owner told me it was worth 250k but he lived in little condo?

Chris A

Name
Chris
gary mackay said:
Supposedly a Gibson acoustic guitar that had a single digit of manufactured Gibson guitars. It was flapping on the wall where it hung when I found out it in time. I thought it was just an old beat up worn out guitar. The owner told me it was worth 250k but he lived in little condo?

ah...bullshit. But who knows.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
well this wasn't broke but rather messed up I guess, the last place I worked for the owner was totally detached from the operations of the business and still ran it like you would an early 80's restoration company, meaning very little drying equipment and TAKING out the carpets from the house and drying them back at the shop, they had a huge drying room with the best pulley and winch powered drying racks that I think have ever been built. they had like 40 cabled bars with tack strips on them that could lift carpets 25 ft in the air. anyways I bitched to everyone about why are we taking carpets out instead of setting equipment and letting the machines do the work and charging thousands of $$$$$$$ in equipment rental. anyways they have since changed their ways after I left and its taken the company from the brink financially to a money powerhouse, if you know the area I live in you can probably guess who I am talking about. its a sore spot for me because I WAS the one lugging these heavy carpets.

anyways rant over, me an another guy were taking in this huge piece of living room carpet down a set of stairs into a basement. it was very heavy and awkward. the customer had grass cloth wall paper going down the stairs that matched the entire basement. unbeknown to us at the time we scuffed this grass cloth pretty bad, this customer complained that we ruined the grass cloth, and it was a 10k repair bill to fix it since it all matched. I still don't know how they handled it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
btw Bob, I didn't lower my std on this clean. Pulled a lot of soil from the hallways and scrubbed them well with the CRB.
Came up better than they ever have. That's why she hired me, I had sold her so much on how I clean, plus she's in my BNI. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom