Most flexible 2 inch hose

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Who makes the most flexible 2 inch hose for working inside a home.
Something that will drop down by your side and be manageable while wanding.
Tired of all this plastic shit where 20 feet of it will slide back and forth on the carpet while wanding.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
www.windtrax.com

2-50-GRAY
VAC HOSE 2" X 50'
Manufacturer Item: 2-50-GRAY
Sell Price: $59.99 EA
Quantity Available: In Stock

Images

Additional Info

SMOOTH-BOR® Vacuum Hose

What makes Smooth-Bor® hoses unique is special machinery designed and patented to produce hoses which are both smooth on the inside and corrugated outside. Unlike typical hoses which are completely corrugated, Smooth-Bor® products provide all the benefits of a strong, flexible corrugated hose, along with easier flow and resistance reductions from the smooth interior.

Smooth-Bor®'s exclusive, patented I-Beam design combines superior toughness and long life with unmatched handling ease. The I-Beam design also enables Smooth-Bor® vacuum hoses to take high vacuum, while remaining virtually kink-proof. Other features unique to Smooth-Bor® vacuum hoses are extreme flexibility, lightweight, yet superior toughness and long life due to a heavy-duty wear surface, crush-resistance, smooth interior for efficient unobstructed flow, and the ability to maintain flexibility in cold weather.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I bought some hose from Greenie about 4 or 5 years ago....smooth on the inside....very easy to work with....best hose I ever had.....and like a idiot I forgot to pull it off the reel before the Vortex headed to New Mexico....

I would give my front seat in hell to know what that hose was and to get some more of it.......

Name
Lee Stockwell
The subject of vacuum hose is probably overdue for a thread or two again for the newbies sake.

There are a LOT of variables to consider. In this thread the key request was LIGHT and FLEXIBLE. Windtrax aces that, but at the cost of being very easy to kink or crush if not careful.

My experience is that a 50 of Windtrax soon becomes an assortment of shorter hoses. Fine for a whip hose, but don't get emotionally attached to any given section of it. It whittles down as an end gets boogered up, and if you forget to order a new section when it's only 15', it's soon gone.

Still, it's nice for a while.

It's impossible to get flexible durable pretty and inexpensive in the same hose. That's life.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The subject of vacuum hose is probably overdue for a thread or two again for the newbies sake.

There are a LOT of variables to consider. In this thread the key request was LIGHT and FLEXIBLE. Windtrax aces that, but at the cost of being very easy to kink or crush if not careful.

My experience is that a 50 of Windtrax soon becomes an assortment of shorter hoses. Fine for a whip hose, but don't get emotionally attached to any given section of it. It whittles down as an end gets boogered up, and if you forget to order a new section when it's only 15', it's soon gone.

Still, it's nice for a while.

It's impossible to get flexible durable pretty and inexpensive in the same hose. That's life.

That might be it.........the stuff that Greenie sold me was easy to crush and you had to make sure you made wide sweeps so it did not kink........

easy to manage was well worth just being more careful with it......I will have to check them out.......

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like the weight of Windtrax hose, but the kinking makes it almost unusable for me.. I wish I knew who made my current 50'er, it is so flexible and I bought it 8 years ago, and still in great shape.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I got my lil better hose from Joe Bristor which is great hose.

That's the Amflex hose posted in the link above, JB volunteered to tell people that on the phone several times.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I bought some hose from Greenie about 4 or 5 years ago....smooth on the inside....very easy to work with....best hose I ever had.....and like a idiot I forgot to pull it off the reel before the Vortex headed to New Mexico....

I would give my front seat in hell to know what that hose was and to get some more of it.......

I had 2 sections of blue hose I bought from Greenie.
I was happy the day they fell over against my 3ht and melted into a blob. Worse than Cobbs hose at the wand.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Windtrax was awesome with my porty but with a big blower it will cave in. at least guys used to complain about that happening years ago.

unless they've updated their hoses in the past 5-10 years. perhaps someone who uses it now with a bigger blower can let us know.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I had 2 sections of blue hose I bought from Greenie.
I was happy the day they fell over against my 3ht and melted into a blob. Worse than Cobbs hose at the wand.

I really did not have no problems with it....but it did take some getting use to....crushed and kinked it a few times until I figured out what I had to do....after that I really liked how it played nice and was easy to work with....

every now and then my #10's would step on it and crush it down...but I was always able to just squeeze it back into shape....I used it with the Vortex and it never collapsed on me....

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I really did not have no problems with it....but it did take some getting use to....crushed and kinked it a few times until I figured out what I had to do....after that I really liked how it played nice and was easy to work with....

every now and then my #10's would step on it and crush it down...but I was always able to just squeeze it back into shape....I used it with the Vortex and it never collapsed on me....

Batch to Batch, even from the same manufacturer tends to vary in pliability and color.
I think it is the amount of plasticizers added to the batch to make the plastic pliable.
Kinda like Cobb always playing with the PowerMax.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Greenie sold SuperFlex vac hose.

We think it is the most flexible . . .

for a durable 2" hose that will take 17" hg without collapsing.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...search_in_description=1&keyword=FLX+superflex

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
but will you sell it to Jim?...lol

Bristor sells it too...lol

Poor Jim, it's not easy being an honest Bulletin Board Rock Star, is it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I use amflex, aka the bristor stuff although john I believe sells it too. IMO its OK hose. there is some stuff that was darker blue maybe it was superflex and it crushed easily. the best hose I have EVER used was the hose that was factory OEM that came with prochem truckmounts from the mid 90's to the early 2000's. that stuff was as flexbale as the superflex but would not not crush like the stiff stuff. I think it was flexhaust but the last batch of flexhaust I bought was so stiff I actually threw it away.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I bought 200 feet of hose from Joe....about 50 feet is all I have left....

PC080003_zps9f4aadff.jpg

PC080002_zps1ab9c246.jpg

I just gave away the other 150 foot........way to stiff....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
OK...Tia says we have an account..(?)..news to me...can you just send it out or do I need her to call..........

I need..... 5 gallons of the d'Limonene
and 50 foot of the 2 inch SuperFlex vac hose....in the blue color like in the picture above.....

if it is the same stuff that I think it is...later on I will order another 150 foot..........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I bought some from Greenie years ago, it was yellow, very flexible, but very easy to kink, especially after it was heated by hot extraction water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom