Most stairs in 1 home ?

I bid on a job this week. Home was average about 2k sf but it had 46 treads. :shock:

Man did that make the price go way up.

How about you guys ?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hit 36 when I go up to South Lake Tahoe. All houses are on hills and are multi levels.

$4.00 bucks per step in that area.
I make a killin when I head up there.

TimP

I've done 3 sets of steps some were 4-5 ft wide.....wish I had a glided wand then too......tough to do without a glide IMO. Of course I'm a wimp but at least I can admit it. It was in a vacation rental on ST George Island in what they call the plantation. I think I billed it out at 3-400 and that was at like .2 a ft could of been more I can't remember it's been a while.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When I worked in San Fran. I am sure I walked up about a thousand steps carry a set of tanks, 100 bonnets and Matador.
Back in the Chem-Hack days.

I charge now to even go up a staircase..including apts. They don't know it, but they get charged.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Chris Muetterties said:
I bid on a job this week. Home was average about 2k sf but it had 46 treads. :shock:

Man did that make the price go way up.

How about you guys ?

Four level with more than 60 stairs is not un-heard of in these parts. Cheap labor and cheap land brought a lot of California out here to build 10 million dollar homes for five hunnert grand...

Name
R.J. Povio
I have done somewhere in the neighborhood of Chris, 40 steps or so....it was an old late 1800's early 1900's mansion. The steps of course curved with narrow halls to boot. I think just in steps the price was 100-125...to clean...it was pure white berber so he protected them as well.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
102 in cohaset in a great room with 2 winding staircases on each side

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I do about 120 steps every year in a 4 story college dorm and a couple of houses in the high rent district that has 3 stair cases that are about 8 ft wide with 39 stairs and big corners

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
There's quite a few 3 story condo's / townhomes around here. If the stairs from the garage to first level is carpeted it totals to about 40. The fun part is when they want the 2 room minimum on the 2nd and 3rd floor, no stairs :evil:

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't just charge for the stairs I clean...I also charge for going up and down the damn things.

Crap, did I say that earlier? I must feel strongly about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom