Most valuable thing you learned at Mikey Fest

steve g

Name
steve garrett
truckmount girl said:
WOW...too much to list. Don't give the flippant answers a second thought Steve. Tons to learn at this MF. Some of the highlights for me:

Expensive vacuums don't perform any better than cheap ones.

The operator and style of wanding gives a huge difference in the cleaning results....and not how most would think!

larger diameter vac hose makes a big difference.

Alchohol does NOT help get rid of a cold.

I need to sit down with Rick Gelinas and get some more tips on moving out of our home office and professionalizing our operation.

In our scientific testing the Rug Doctor and Bissel Steam machine performed better and removed more soil than a popular commercial portable tested.

Color repair with crayons demonstrated by the master.

There is a significant difference in performance between a truckmount and a portable or walk behind....way more than most porty operators would care to acknowledge.

We need a viable protocol to compare extraction and non-extraction cleaning methods which does not bias one method over another, and will give REAL World results.

Comparing wanding styles and stress injuries was interesting, but showed little correlation between the way someone holds a wand and their risk of injury.

Harry works WAY too hard.

Mike has more patience and tolerance than most men.

Shawn Forsythe is "kinda protective" of his car....and he can sure spout the F-bomb if it's toyed with!

Mikeyboard stickers look great almost anywhere... :wink:

This industry is full of some of the most loving, caring, quirky, funny, independent, stubborn, opinionated, arrogant and DAMN NICE people you could ever hope to get together. I love this industry and all the people in it!

It was a great time Steve, I wish you could have been there. You would have loved it.

Take care,
Lisa

expand more on the wanding and operator technique??

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
steve g said:
expand more on the wanding and operator technique??

I'll explain it. I wanded like I would on a normal decent sized job. Chad looked like a monkey fookin a football. His turned out way better. Bastards.

harryhides

Name
Tony
This is all my fault, I should have recognized that "glazed" look that Dirk had but since I've never seen him look any other way, I just assumed he was OK.

My bad.

:p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom