Motor oil in grout

Name
BradFenstermaker
Hey have a dealership with tile n grout in the shop area.

Spilled motor oil that is dried in the grout. Lite gray grout is now black.

What would be your detergent and process?

If I can remove it will be alot of future work from other dealerships.

Thanks

Tony Dees

If its just a small area, bout the size of a basketball, go in about 2 days before cleaning with a small bottle of dawn dish soap.

Apply it heavy, scrub it in with a bumper brush, let sit for 2 days (you can cover it over with a piece of cardboard and tape the edges if you need to), flush it with your spinner.

Even without pressure, this is the way I get it off my asfault driveway.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I tried to pull some diesel out of concrete with pour and restore……worthless.

Dawn ??? I doubt it.

I would hit it with high butyl degreaser then etch.
If the gout was never sealed (very likely) it’s not coming out and you need to sell them colorseal.

Mikey P

Administrator
ACE said:
I tried to pull some diesel out of concrete with pour and restore……worthless.

Dawn ??? I doubt it.

I would hit it with high butyl degreaser then etch.
If the gout was never sealed (very likely) it’s not coming out and you need to sell them colorseal.

I already told Foosterfocker that,

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks I have a few things to try.

Mikey the only problem is I don't colorseal. Can you blend colorseal to unsealed grout just so I can cover damaged area's?

We are talking 5-6 thousand sf of garage area.

Its a friend of mine that drug me into it cause I clean more tile than him. We will be splitting everything probably.

Shane have you actually used the dupont stuff on motor oil in grout?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
get some Shorebest 2790 mix 3-1...if that doesn't get it all out then try Prosoco.com oil and grease stain remover for concrete

K P

I agree with the the 2 day post,(leaving it)because depending on when the oil was spilled,it has seeped pretty far down.I would clean it with one of the above cleaners and if that didnt help,try letting it sit a day or 2,not to pull it out,but to dilute it.You know,the way Brian cleans :shock: j/k.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
BradFenstermaker said:
Thanks I have a few things to try.

Mikey the only problem is I don't colorseal. Can you blend colorseal to unsealed grout just so I can cover damaged area's?

We are talking 5-6 thousand sf of garage area.

Its a friend of mine that drug me into it cause I clean more tile than him. We will be splitting everything probably.

Shane have you actually used the dupont stuff on motor oil in grout?

My personal experience was about 3:4 it worked, for only $8 i always bring it with me for tile/grout cleaning.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I think in this automotive setting you may want to think long-term results. Even if your efforts get it 100% out (won't happen), it will surely get "oiled" again.

Learn how to color seal and be done with it. At least when (not "if") it happens again you will be able to clean it.

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
It is threads like this that make me appreciate Mikey's board. I have been thinking about approaching a car dealership and offering colour sealing grout, but I did not know how to deal with the oil stains.
Thanks
Richard Gagne

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i am just wonderin why bad brad has no info on the left side of his page??? 2 years ago i was told by some hard nose on the board that if i did not fill in this info i would be booted off mikeys board.so what gives!! was i just being fukd with or is brad smarter than the rest of us>

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom