Motorcycle story

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
After the 1000th time searching Craigslist for my new bike I found one in Huntsville Alabama. Flew out the next day and bought it. 2009 Road King with 6K miles like new for about 7K less than new. Rode back to Kansas City and met a buddy who rode out from our hometown (Grants Pass Oregon). Ate some good BBQ and stayed for a few days. Then rode to the Chavez restoration plant. Richard and Dan were real nice and easy going. As we were chatting about work stuff and BBQ Dan is saying something about going to a school and I thought I missed part of the conversation. I asked what school was that and he said BBQ. This guy is serious into BBQ. He even gave me a copy of the class manual. What a great operation they had. Nice 20K SF building, polite helpful staff in the office, and totally unpretentious. I though I had a great shop at 3500 SF but I was drooling with envy at all the space. Thanks both of you for taking the time to chat, wish I would have had more time to see the nuts and bolts of the operation. Gosh it was hot and muggy. Topped out at 107 degrees in Nebraska then we headed north to Sturgis and it was a little cooler and less humid. My buddies rode back home and I went to Calgary Alberta to visit my daughter/grandkids and then back home. Ran into hail in Montana, big enough to dent my tank, no where to get out of it. Great ride and a great bike.
Al
PS After 17 days gone when I returned I said "OK just give me the urgent stuff, I'm still tired". Jen said "Nothing for you today, everything is going fine." Pretty cool. As Shorty says "I'm a lucky bastard"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm glad you stopped in Al, it was nice to meet you. You and Dan really have a lot in common, I know he really enjoyed your visit too!

Glad you made it home safe!

LOL it's. Only gotten hotter since your visit.

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
The best therapy I've found is a long trip on a Harley. As the saying goes - you don't see any motorcycle at the psychologist office.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
It can't possibly get any more uncomfortable than it was. I rode through hot and muggy for days on end.
Al

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I been riding for 43 years and it is my 3rd Harley. The new Road King design is just great. I have a few pictures but don't know how to post them. The 3 hillbillies from N. Carolina we met in Sturgis were a hoot and the hailstorm made for some good pics. Nice to be home in my own bed too though.
Al

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
did you get caught in the hailstorm in Deadwood? should have called, I would have bought you dinner!! I live in Spearfish! 70th Rally and considered to be the biggest one ever!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom