Moved my fuel pump and machine runs better..

Name
I'm Rick James
I just did an TM install yesterday in my new van and moved my fuel pump from under the van, to on the machine and the machine seems to be running with more power.

Is it easier for the fuel pump to pull rather than push the gas?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We lost two fuel pumps Thursday from the 105-degree heat. It made the day a real pain four trucks at the same job and we half of them. :( by the time we get another pair switched in we had lost a couple hours on the job.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I always have a spare on the truck. Less than 10 minutes to change. They last 4-5 years under the truck.

Yes they PUSH more reliably and run cooler outside the truck. However THIS record heat is taking its toll.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The heat sucks! TM stopped work yesterday in the middle of a huge job because the positive wire fell out of the pump clutch. I bolted in the clutch in for now. I keep thinking I should move the fuel pump under the box truck on my steamway, but it won’t happen till the old one gives up. It works fine except that it takes a while to get started.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Fuel pumps are designed to push, they don't suck very well. Do you have a pressure regulator built into your fuel line or engine? I had the problem of the engine running too rich, I ended up putting a return fuel line back to the tank and fixed it. The pump was pushing more fuel than the tm engine could handle, and at the time I didn't know how to reduce the pump's output.

With relocating the pump away from the fuel source, you may have reduced the efficiency of the pump, causing it to reduce flow and correcting an overpressure situation. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom