Movie Theater Cleaning

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I got a call to do a esimate on a theater today. I have never done a theater before. So how low or high can you go in your pricing for all the chairs? I have done lots of gdc but never hundreds of chairs.

Any advise ?

Thank You

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Movie Theater upholstery is specialized work often done by people that do little else. The theater here uses a company that travels all over. I don’t know how much they charge, but I would guess $.50-$.75 each or less. They use a pad encap method and get production rate that would blow you away. I’m not saying you couldn’t make money, but there would be a learning curve trying to use a new method and hit a high enough production rate to make your hourly rate.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
depends on the fabric.....REALLY depends.....

I have one here I do....the old "fuzy" seats clean up nice and easy...the newer fabric does as well.....the SHIT in the middle....cleans like ass....doesnt release anything...you can clean, get good return, have the dirty water look like oil, and the seats still look like ass...

and $2.25 a chair.....for extraction...and i let my guys do it and split it with them...

pad capping???? the hair goo and ass marks :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and blah

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
$2.25 a chair is almost unheard of for theater chair seating. Around here it is a buck a chair or less.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
For a 2 year period I had an inside track with national service providers on all kinds of cleaning prices nationwide. Who said $1 per chair?, even that's high. Around .80 cents was an average. Carpet was in the low teens and gum removal is part of the price.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
how many times a year?? This was once a year...nasty...

anyway carpets are at .12 and $2 a step..

the one I do is like 3 miles away, and has lots of steps...I do 2 or 3 theaters a night, and make good $$$

Just got done stripping the upstairs, after they replaced the projectors and have gone all digital...

I have a mgr who pays a little more, but wants the service...

The guy i took it from, left them wet for next day, had wick backs, and it smelled like a guys locker room...

none of that here

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I've done the carpets for as little as $0.085 on a maintenance plan, $0.135 for one time OP up to as high as $0.24 (not worth it) for a one time HWE. Chairs have been steamed (portable) for $2.00 each and VLM cleaned with a drill driver and steaming "as we see fit" for $1.25. Gum removal and spotting included in all pricing. Stairs are $1.50-2.00 each or $60 per theater depending on method.

The good news? Theaters can be good early morning VLM work if you can get it dry before the early show... And there is usually enough sqaure footage to make it a nice sized check even at "cut-throat" rates & they repeat fairly regulaly especially when there is a hot new release...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh and i dont mess with gum...its the cleaning crews job to stay on it....

and i rather like the late work

and we do the individual theaters every 3-6 mth, and the main area every 3 sometimes sooner, and the ticket area (its just a joke now) once a mth

They are looking at remodeling....sooooo my guess screens will be done 6 mths, and halls still on 3 mth

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I'm not sure if they are looking for regular cleaning. It sounds like they haven't been cleaned for a long time. They are taking bids for for this cleaning and said it will take a month or two to be approved by the board.

This sounds like one step below resturant cleaning. I have done lots of chair cleaning for motels but never 600 + chairs. Sounds painful.

bigchuckie

Louis said:
So I got a call to do a esimate on a theater today. I have never done a theater before. So how low or high can you go in your pricing for all the chairs? I have done lots of gdc but never hundreds of chairs.

Any advise ?

Thank You
Hand held rotary with Tuway pads a sprayer and depending on soil level 40cents-100 a seat. Can be a pita but it adds up quick I usually use Encap Green with excellent results

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom