Moving furniture policy

Bondusa

Name
Kirk Carnahan
was wondering what some of you do for carpet cleaning around the furniture or do you charge for moving it .......appreciate any feedback Thanks

Kirk

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We move living room furniture, just the bulky stuff though. Sofa, loveseat, chair, coffee table.

We ask them to move the small stuff in our prep letter but LOTS of custies move everything out of the LR.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Have them move small things before you get there, move the rest that's reasonable to move, clean under, block and tab, have happy customers, repeat.

That's why I always work with a two man crew on residential.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Kirk, buy a Lift Buddy to pry things up while you put sliders under the legs. Buy about 40 cheap sliders from Home Depot. Buy sticky tabs for later.

1: Tell them the more they clear, the more they get for the money. Often they’ll empty the room, but at least they’ll de-clutter.

2: ONLY move things that people sit on. No bookcases, hutches, TV stands or beds.

3: Charge or don’t charge, but if you don’t, tell them they are getting a nice bonus service that Marty charges $10/piece for. Build that value in their mind.

4: Always offer protectant:

Saiger Super Sealer, or CR-10 https://www.saigers.com/tile-and-carpet-cleaners/carpet-fabric-tile-grout-protectors-sealers

Clean Advantage http://www.cleanprosupply.com/cps-clean-advantage-penetrating-solvent-sealer-odorless-gallon/

All three are good and do not wet things more. Other brands are good too.

Good luck

Reactions: Hack Attack

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Not bad
For a porty hack
20D97BF0-B5BA-4F10-97E4-8F3FB0C2CC6E.jpeg

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I tell them they need to move small knick knacks, coffee tables etc or I'll go around them, I'll move couchs and recliners but entertainment units bookcases etc stay where they are unless they feel inclined to move them

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you charge by the square foot you're essentially charging to clean under the furniture if they so request

Lucky me. Good thing I didn't know about it.

We will not move heavy furniture, plants, or anything connected to electricity, has a lamp on it or looks fragile. We work up to the outside edges of these items. If the furniture has legs and is raised more than 5” above the carpet, we can clean under it with the furniture left in place. Medium-sized furniture (i.e. small tables, wing chairs, small sofas) can be moved, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. Please remove lamps and other items off the small furniture that are to be moved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom