Mr. Warrington

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I was at one of my suppliers and they managed to get my curiosity peaked about your wood floor finish.
Is it hard and fairly abrasion resistant?
Can it be used over existing finishes?
Can it be applied to engineered floors?
Laminates?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I was at one of my suppliers and they managed to get my curiosity peaked about your wood floor finish.
Is it hard and fairly abrasion resistant?
Can it be used over existing finishes?
Can it be applied to engineered floors?
Laminates?

The finish is a blend of urethane and acrylic. It has a higher solids content than the main competitor we compared it to. More solids means it will last longer and resist wear better.

It is meant as a preservation finish not as the main finish. It is not as hard as the finish that may have been applied when the floor was installed or at the factory.

Bridgepoint finish can be used over most other finishes. Once in a while you will find someone who has used paste wax on a wood floor. Our finish is not compatible. You will also see folks who have a build-up of Orange-Glo, Liquid Gold, residues of Murphy's Oil Soap or similar These must be cleaned away before applying a new coat of preservation finish.

Works fine on engineered floors.

Most laminates have a pretty tough wear layer. They don't usually get abraded. More often they get dull from a build-up due to using the wrong cleaners. The Bridgepoint Wood Fresh Cleaner does a great job of removing this residue and getting down to the original appearance. Very seldom is another coat of finish needed. Our finishes can be used on laminates if necessary. Put on a thin coat. It will wear off sooner on a laminate than on real wood - either hardwood or engineered wood.

I have some DVDs I will send anyone who wants to learn more and see video of some jobs. just send me an email. Include your shipping address so I know where to send it. scottw@bridgewatercorp.net

Back
Top Bottom