MS OneNOte

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm considering Microsoft's OneNote across all my mobile devices as a general memo/note/goal/tasklist app.

Free 15 cloud storage and device sync using MS Onedrive.

Anyone familiar with it and using it daily?

FredC

Village Idiot
for that I use evernote

Edit: Guess I should add I used/tried onenote for a while but prefer evernote (combined with a couple other apps like wunderlist (microsoft now owns) ). Just a matter of preference....

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
EverNote is the other one I looked at, and obviously the one OneNote should be compared to.

EverNote seems just as robust, but all it's arguable advantages over OneNote that I read about are nothing I am going to need anytime soon.

EverNote's main advantages appear to be in it's ability to create more of a "digital" notebook, and seems to be a little more media friendly than OneNote.

EverNote's Web Clipper function seems to be a big favorite among users due to it's many features and customization options of captured content.

A main OneNote's advantage appears to be that it's UI is better organized and navigable, so since I only need the basic functions of note/task organizations at the moment, my preference is to remain within the MS Office environment.

Reactions: Jeremy N and FredC

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
EverNote is the other one I looked at, and obviously the one OneNote should be compared to.

EverNote seems just as robust, but all it's arguable advantages over OneNote that I read about are nothing I am going to need anytime soon.

EverNote's main advantages appear to be in it's ability to create more of a "digital" notebook, and seems to be a little more media friendly than OneNote.

EverNote's Web Clipper function seems to be a big favorite among users due to it's many features and customization options of captured content.

A main OneNote's advantage appears to be that it's UI is better organized and navigable, so since I only need the basic functions of note/task organizations at the moment, my preference is to remain within the MS Office environment.

I'm glad you brought this up. I just bought a new Surface Pro 3 with OneNote. I am like you in that I need my gadgets and software to be simple and user friendly. Things that are rich rich are of no use to me since I barely get by technologically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom