Multi Sprayer pump blues

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I've got a 2 yr old plug in Multi Sprayer. I noticed on my cleaning job yesterday it was leaking a bit out the bottom after letting off the trigger. I've looked at the lines, fittings, clamps, they are all fine. The pump is leaking from the bottom. Some background info:

In December, it frove up a bit in my van during the day while cleaning but it thawed inside the customer's house, applied protector and used it afterwards with no problems. A couple weeks ago was the last time I used it to apply some Urine Stain Remover. I immediately remembered I not flushing the system after use and it sat like that for a couple weeks until yesterday.

I don't know if the slight freeze damage was worse than I thought and has finally come home to roost, if it's from letting the USR sit for so long or a combination of both.

My question to anyone with experience with this system or the Flojet pumps.. Should I replace the entire pump to the tune of $130 or are the replacement pump kits reliable, easily replaced and the more sensible way to go. Doesn't look to difficult but looks could be deceiving..

Thanks,

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
do a search if i rem right i paid 80 bucks for one out of md
get the number of the pump easy to do and look around on the net

maur1736

Same thing happened to mine. Don't get another Flojet. Multisprayer is using Pumtecs now.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
maur1736 said:
Don't get another Flojet. Multisprayer is using Pumtecs now.

Their site doesn't mention use of pumptec.. they must have conversion kits but the site doesn't mention that either?

Anybody know what Flojet model # is on the Base Multi sprayer? The print on my label is all worn off and the numbers on the housing 11311 don't match with any supply companies. Unless I've missed something too obvious.. which is possible.

Thanks for the info.

maur1736

Talk to Gene at Multisprayer he'll send you the Pumptec with the kit. The kit are just brackets so you can mount the pump under the plastic platform instead of how the Flow jet lays inside the foam. He said the Pumptec was more reliable (70PSI as opposed to 50PSI for Flojet) and the mounting was for better ventilation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom