Multi-sprayer ?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
A couple days ago a few of you were telling me about the multi-sprayer. I've looked around and it seems like it would be better to buy one of those than get another HF.

Before I do I just wanted to hear different peoples opinion on them. I like the idea of not having to drag my hose around pre-spraying. Is there a downside to them?

Do they have enough PSI, cuz its taking me forever to spray a room with a pump sprayer.

Any help on this matter before I go drop $400 would be very great.

LeeCory

I don't own a Multi Sprayer but I've looked at them and I'm sure they are nice. I do own 2 Omni Pro sprayers that also have replaceable jugs and have been very happy.

The reason I went with the Omni Pro is that it uses the 2 1/2 gallon jugs that many chems come in. So I have about 8 jugs that I can have ready to go and just toss on the truck how ever many I need. I usually carry about 4 or 5 jugs on the truck and use the extras to hold doors open or closed.

Another benefit is that it is not too heavy to carry around and up stairs. While they do have wheels, I never use mine, and just carry it and spray. There is no comparison to a pump up sprayer and yes there is plenty of pressure. Once you use a good battery sprayer with a large enough tip you will kick yourself for all the time you spent pumping!

In otherwords you have a couple choices. The Multi Sprayer, the Omni Pro Sprayer, and also the Boss Sprayer that Mytee is selling on the board. It looks like the Boss is a bit larger and meant to wheel around and not carry. It also only has a fixed jug so filling it may be an issue compared to having a sprayer with extra jugs that can simply be switched on the fly.

Plenty of options out there to fit personal taste.

The downsides are not enough to prevent using them. They may be a bit more bulky than a pump up, and you should carry extra jugs for quick replacement. But like I said, the extra jugs come in handy for holding doors. Also in about a year or so you will want to replace the battery as they begin to lose some power. The batteries can be replaced for about $20.

Go for it, get a battery powered sprayer!

Name
Tom McLaughlin
Gene at Multi-Sprayer produces a very good product. Have used the M2 sprayer for years, you can switch out the 2-1/2 gallon containers at will and you can even put regular gallon jugs in there too, you know, spraying / injecting straight product.

Multi-sprayer also makes a rechargable model, charges off of van cigarette lighter or a direct vehicle hook up. All the great features, just you don't have to search out outlets in the homes, a real time saver.

I like the upholstery spray tip, not only do can you apply presprays and protectors but you look most professional as well while you're at it.

Our guys beat the dickens out of the tools that are supplied to them, those Multi-sprayers hold up extremely well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you'll love an electric sprayer, Dude
doesn't matter if it's the Omni, Multi-sprayer or HF electric,
(yes, HF has an electric)
you'll love it compared to a pump up.

change to higher flow tee-jet and you can get real close to the GPM flow of a HF.
I don't know for sure what tip I put in our Multi-sprayer,
(it's at least an 06 flow jet)
but it will spray 1 gal of solution in just over a minute.
67 seconds pr gal if i recall right

the down side of the M-S is mixing powders.
The small jug opening makes it a bit of a PITA.
If you use powders, get some free paper funnels from the gas station.
(over by the oil)
cut a bit of the bottom off to make the hole bigger.
Powders will flow better thru it now.

if you buy the battery M-S, it comes with a charger to charge in the van.
keep it plugged in ALL-DE-TIME when not in use.
The battery will last longer
Our's is never off the charger unless we're using it.

check out the HF electric sprayer too.
It's corded, but has a larger capacity tank (3gal) and a HUGE opening for ease of mixing.

since we got our HF electric a few years ago, the M-S only gets used for applying protectants or as a back up for places with no electric.

..L.T.A.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i have a cordless model so far so good
Great for protector
also for prespray just get another wand with the spray tip from your
hf.
Use for prespray on tile is great still using inline for carpet prespray
Two thumbs up

John Watson

The only down side to the battery pack multi I have found in 8 yrs of use is the brass valvegit hotter than haddes if you mix your solution over 150 degrees. We have kept ours wired into the charging system and keep it plugged in when not in use. On our 3rd battery. Our other multi is the corded type that plugs in to 110 volts, bought it in 1990 still spraying strong, use it in the shop.

LeeCory

Meat mentioned mixing powders being a problem for the containers on a battery sprayer.

I use a spouted bowl to mix 32 oz of hot water with the amount of powder needed for a 2 1/2 gallon jug until diluted. Then I pour it into the jug and fill. I mix all 8 of my 2 1/2 gallon jugs in the evening so they are ready to go for the next day. Toss however many I need on the truck and never do any mixing while on the road.

When you have all your jugs mixed at home and ready to go, you don't have to waste any time while on the job.

All I use my Omni Pro for is prespray. While you could use it for protector, I don't want to have to bleed the lines. For protector I use a Pepsi sprayer also filled and pressurized at home.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rob beat me to it and i couldn't agree more.

call Pembertons

http://www.pembertonstore.com/

all the other distys jump on threads like these to get their sales pitch in.
you'd hardly know Jim Pemberton runs one of the best supply distys in the country if not for those of us that know him and Pappa Lee

..L.T.A.

LeeCory

White Collar said:
And it sprays well? How long does it take to spray a room? enough pressure?

Sprays great with plenty of pressure. How long depends on the size of the room and how much juice you want to put down, but it's fast.

Let me just say this... If you have been using a pump up, it's gonna be like Christmas!

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
x107 Talk to Jim, Great to deal with and he will KILL me for saying this LOL!!

Glad to here your good, Mad Busy Here!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
White Collar said:
And it sprays well? How long does it take to spray a room? enough pressure?

it's really not the PSI of electric pumps, Bro.
It's the volume they can put out.
a GPM at 60psi is no different than a GPM at 400psi.

I'm pretty sure the Omni uses the Flowjet pump commonally used in the best elect sprayers.
(same with Multi-sprayer)
you'll get plenty out put.
If it's not enough for you, do as I suggested and put a larger flow jet on the spray wand.

I don't have much personal experence with the Omni.
The gun jet wand that comes with it is clearly superior to the M-S gun jet.
I understand the early bugs have been worked out of them.
My only knock is the size for only 2.5 gal capacity.
It's twice the size of the Multi, but only 2 qt more solution capacity

...L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom