Must be nice to work for toys while the wife pays the bills.

Our Special Member
Credits
Name
Damon
In response to that article, I'll say this. When I saw this FXDR hit the market it grabbed me. Just like the Indian Scout Bobber and the FTR1200. To me a bike isn't something to have simply for transport. It needs to grab you and make your heart speed up. I often see people driving Honda Civic's or Kia's and think, "Why on earth would someone drive such a bland car?"

The Harley's and old looking Indians all looked the same to me. They really didn't get my heart racing. This bike does. I think it does to many others as well and I think Harley is going to hit a home run with their new designs. I have researched this bike for over a month. I've watched every YouTube video, read every article I could find. I know the bad and the good. I know how it compares to the Indian and whatever else you want to throw against it. I also know how annoyed I'm getting every time I stop at the store or get gas. Every single time I have someone come up to me checking it out. People can't believe it's a Harley and are surprised they have made something "modern" looking.

The Harley forums are overloaded with guys bashing this bike. They are the old school guys that think all Harleys should be a Dyna, Road King, or full dress Electra. They're also the guys that constantly bash the V-Rod and Rocker C. Those guys are now getting diabetes and buying trikes. Soon they'll be dead. Harley is making the moves to go forward. Indian has taken 25% of their market (Indian dealer quote) and is nipping at their heels.

I'm glad I didn't listen to all the haters. I would have missed out non a terrific ride last night.

Last edited:
Credits
Name
Matt Ross
I respect people who ride because they really enjoy riding. No reason to ride something because you want to be seen on it or because everyone else likes it. I've hated harley for so long, but that looks like a big step in the right direction for them. I agree with you on that. I've yet to see one in person. Have fun be safe.

Latest posts