My Boxxer 427 is..

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
a good little machine. We have it pimped out 2.5". ( the only way to run a little machine like that) It gets hot in about 2-3 min. and you can never outrun the heat. We run a Greenie wand with #10 flow.

That is the problem! It dumps so much water into the waste tank, we go through our 100 gal. fresh tank in one little house. We can't do any medium or bigger jobs without hooking up to water.

I wonder if I can run the hose dumping the hot water into the waste tank back into the fresh tank? I am afraid it would heat the water in the fresh tank up and would cause the mount to divert even more.

I have check the rpms and it is where it should be. Is there anything I can do so I don't go through 100 gal. in an hour?

RichardnTn

Adam, I would try dumping back into the tank and see what temp you come up with....if it does get to hot, you could possibly try a high temp kit in the pump...Richard R

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Back into the freshy. That sounds like a good idea. Can't wait for the pimp my TM session at MF.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the 427 have an exhaust diverter which does not dump water in the waste tank.
Sounds like with .10 flow you are just using the water up.
I used 100 gal. on a nasty 700 s.f. LR the other day.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yep it sounds like you are just using the water up.

better rethink that #10 jet size.

G

Your jet size should equal 6.
Have your dealer check the diverter valve. There was a batch of diverters supplied to Hydramaster that were not built properly. Yours may not be opening and closing properly.
Dumping back into the fresh water tank is NOT recommended as it will eventually only be supplying hot water to the machine causing it to shut down.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I know we are not using the water up because we are filling the waste tank up.

We run 2.5" hose with high flow wands (#10 flow) Once you have cleaned with high flow you can't go back.

The 427 does devert the water into the tank, I wish it didn't.

Mark

Adam,
I have the same problem with my 427 it uses the fresh water tank so fast that i rarely use it any more. I had the same thought as you but worried about the hot water damaging the pressure pump.

MerCrewser

Does it have the auto exhaust diverter like the 450 and 470? If so, the diverter, or the "brain" telling it what to may be defective. Dumping bypass into the fresh water tank will only make the problem worse.

If it has an auto diverter, the machine will fluctuate between loud and quiet as it runs. This is normal. If it stays quiet, the diverter is not opening, and the machine has to bypass water to keep from overheating.

Prochem 405s do not have an auto diverter. I cannot carry water, and my waste tank will fill after cleaning 2 or 3 rooms. Pump out is mandatory.

Your machine may be operating properly. I know the HM 450s went though water, even with the diverter operating as it should. The price for high heat (cataylictic)

Greenie

I can't imagine a 27 hp motor spinning at 80% of capacity is making more hot water than can be used on a 10 flow wand?

Something isn't adding up.

Adam, call when you have a min.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The Boxxer427 does not have the auto exhaust diverter like the 450 and 470. The one thing I can give the Boxxer427 is that little thing heats like crazy. If we are running the wand it doesn't dump into the tank. But, if you set the wand down to move a couch, a fan or even to make really good vac passes the thing starts dumping in the tank. I have taken it to the dealer and it runs perfect. It has done this from day one. I was just wondering if there is something that can be done.

Name
Eric Valentine
What about running the bypassed water through a small radiator with a fan on it? It would still warm the water in the fresh tank a little, but shouldn't overheat it.

Greenie

I'm sure it can be remedied, in fact with a scenario like you describe, I'm not sure why it's not been done already?

Obviously the HX system doesn't have a huge capacity, or you would have more "rise time" after each pull of the trigger before it dumped.

A few questions to better understand this animal:

At what temp on the gage does it "bypass" to the tank? ie: max temp.

When you are on the trigger steadily, what temp does the machine hold, and cont. to hold without bypassing?

When you first fire up the machine, how long til it reaches bypass temp if you do no cleaning with it, just warming it up?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
We have the temp set all the way up to 250. ( Although I would like to run a lie detector on the temp because 250 on the Boxxer feels nothing like 250 on the Vortex, the Vortex feels way hotter)

It bypasses at the set temp 240-250.

If you hold the trigger it will never bypass and will drop to 210-220.

I have never timed it but it warms up very fast. If you capped it off, I bet it would warm up in 3 min.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I would believe the 250 ATM, I have the thermal wave II after the 427 BOXXER and it says 230 ATM and it feels nothing close to the Boxxer temp

Everything Adam says is true about the machine and at 10 flow I am sure it drops to those temps, with 06 it will keep cooking along at 240. I even had the popping sound from the wand at times

This is one of the reasons I got rid of my machine. In as little as 1.5 hours the waste tank was full. At 10 flow I can see it being full after one hour and the heat around the parts just kills the machine, IMO

I cleaned for over 3 hours straight with the thermal wave II on Saturday and it still didn't shut down from a full waste tank

T

The Magician

Run the unit with the tank top off and see when its dumping. If dumping all the time the dema valve is stcuk open causing too much dumping. Most cleaners would love to have that temperature at that flow. Got a pump out?

Greenie

" If you hold the trigger it will never bypass and will drop to 210-220. "

That is screaming HX system volume to me.

Add some volume to the HX system, and it'll mellow out, and give a more sustained heat level with 10 flow.

A recirculating mixtank of large volume would solve this issue.

How large is the current mixtank?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The mix tank is small, I don't know how big.

You mean if I put a bigger mix tank on that may solve the problem. I could have one made at twice the size.

I know it fills the waste tank fast but if it kills the heat I would rather not have the bigger mix tank.

Thanks for all your help!

Greenie

"I know it fills the waste tank fast but if it kills the heat I would rather not have the bigger mix tank."

Why would it kill the heat, you would be bypassing the wasted hot water back to the mixtank, preserving potential energy.
It would level out the peaks and valleys in your system, you just need enough volume of cool water for the hot water to blend with, 3 gal. minimum preferably 5 gal.

There are a few more details to complete this, but I'm not that familiar with the 427, so I don't want to guess. Feel free to call and we can talk about this in a bit more detail.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Adam,

I don't know what the part # is but they came out with an update kit I January for the water box and it memory serves me correct, the water box is much bigger

Glynn

The Boxxer 427 does have the ADC heat control via a diverter.

Are you sure the dump solenoid valve on the waste tanks not stuck open ?.

Mark

The water box update i received did not include a new box it used the old box. It upgraded different sized inlet lines and floats.

Back
Top Bottom