My Brainchild

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
You make it, I'll buy it.

A hydroforce system that includes the straw and the metering tip in each jug, instead of on the sprayer. You simply click and lock the jug firmly in place with one fluid motion. You don't have to bother with the Revolution which most cleaners won't go near, and you can keep different chems with different dilutions in their original concentrations, and freely switch jugs in seconds, without changing tips.

The second, is a flood extraction tool for basements and crawl spaces that are flooded with several feet of water.

If you are working with a truck mounted flood extractor with a good APO, I think this tool would be valuable. It would be similar in design to a water claw, except it would be on a "raft". It would have floatation devises around the edges, that kept the tool just barely above the surface of the water, so it could breath and still remove tons of water. Because it floats it would stay the same height off of the surface of the water until it's all drained. I am wondering if you would have to secure the hose to the ceiling to keep it from tipping, or if you could add weight to it to be able to keep it upright. (And adjust the buoyancy accordingly.

Lemme know what you think.

And on second thought, if you use my ideas, you better send me one for free. :)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Man! I've had that idea for about 2 years. I just remembered it a couple of days ago. However, I don't really care to have a patent or be an inventor anyway.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jeremy just told about it Wednesday. :shock:

But I think he said he thought it up 2-years and a day ago. :lol:

Serious, check with him,maybe you could work together on it. He called me earlier in the week about whether I thought it was a viable product or not.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ouch! :lol:

Fon you're just hitting me everywhere I post. :oops:

I never gave you Tennessee boys much credit, I guess I under estimated you! :roll:
:lol:

You could hear the air coming out of Jeremy's balloon when I explained to him why it had very little value to me. :(

But he was still going to do some checking around with WDR companies.

Fon Johnson

LOL!

We rednecks all have wet basements ya know..

You should have seen the pump we used on the farm to irrigate with water from the creek. That baby would empty a 4 foot deep basement in just a few minutes! :p Heck, it even pumped small trash (not to be confused with trailer trash..)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Fon Johnson said:
You guys ever heard of a sump pump?

That was exactly what I was thinking. And... I really don't care about credit for the idea. Whenever you come up with an idea you gotta know somebody already thought of it. If I was indeed the first cleaner to think of it, somebody would discover some Egyptian Hieroglyphics of a floating water extraction devise operated on a foot pump vacuum manned by slaves used to pump out the tombs below the pyramids.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Here is another one. A handle extender for hand tools. Rakes, push brooms, shovels, hoes, brooms, mops, etc. I find that because I am tall, handles are too short on these tools. You could make an adjustable height extension that was adaptable to different width hand tools, it might be cool. You could put an ergonomic ball on the end, designed to fit your hand, so if you are using the end of the tool to push, you don't get that bruise on the palm of your hand. You could also sell the same thing side by side as just a replacement handle for virtually the same price. You would be spending more in materials for the extra length of wood, but you would save on the fastening hardware.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just because I don't have a use for it doesn't mean there isn't somebody out there that might really need it.

Like I told Jeremy I'd check around and see if there is any interest.

Don't let that dude from Tennessee bother you, if there was no power, his sump pump wouldn't work. :p

OK Fon, Yes I have heard of gas fired trash pumps!
We only carry electric on our WDR trucks.Geezzz Some people!

:twisted: of course if you had a plumber clear the drain, you be down to floor level. :shock:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Richard Chavez said:
:twisted: of course if you had a plumber clear the drain, you be down to floor level. :shock:

Of course. You just un-install the toilet. A good buddy of mine told me about that trick.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I had the idea for a turbo tool.....

then a mth later I saw it in a magazine :x :x :x

really though...saw a pressure washer guy doing a parking lot with one of those bigger spinner type tools for PW...and started asking some questions...

I was doing a T&G with my rotary and autoscrubber at the time...

damn that hurt to see it in the mag...

Greenie

The floating perforated vac hose ain't a bad idea, the no power thing makes it a good idea, plus no need to buy and carry a sump pump...just another motor to maintain.

Handle extensions are already here, just use a quality telescoping pole like painters/window cleaners have, preferably the ones with a true lock not a twist-lok type. In fact one of my favorite have a hexagon extruded shaft and a thumb lever, very solid. Push brooms and floor squeegees were also very efficient with a 6' handle.

Scott

danpauselius said:
You guys want to get rich? Invent a "carpet cleaners dashboard" that actually works.

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!

But I do agree. The time is right for some sort of streamlined online marketing program to sweep up our industry.

Scott

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Greenie said:
The floating perforated vac hose ain't a bad idea, the no power thing makes it a good idea, plus no need to buy and carry a sump pump...just another motor to maintain.

Make it and patent it..... Quick, before anybody else finds out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom