my crappy wand

for about 10 years i have been using the prochem quad jet 1.75 12 inch wand very nice wand, i really am considering getting the titanium 6 jet for about $1800 cdn. friday, i clean a 7000 sq.ft job all by myself. about 3500 with my prochem and then i thought, lets give the porty single jet staight wand a try. it is a 1.5 inch with a 11015, about 2.5gpm, just the way i like it. the reason i used this smaller wand was to get a bit of labour relief. well, this crappy wand really isnt so crappy imo. one jet flow just feels so nice and the wand is light and easy to manipulate. while im cleaning im thinking, as i get older i want the work to get easier not harder. buying the titanium wand seems like a good way to make the work easier or maybe just stick to my crappy $300 single jet. i do have a ?. does the straightness of the single jet wand make airflow better at the head of the wand and would a 2" tube with a 14" head give better flow than a 2" with a 12" head? i just dont feel right using a 1.5" wand with my tm, seems like im cheating.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
406;

Most of the ProChem QuadJet wands I've seen are 11" wide.

We like 2 Jets on a 12" TM lo-profile wand to minimize the heat loss to the carpet, while maintaining the impact.

You can go two #5 or #6 to get the same high flow.

Airflow is a factor to check out. Usually the area just upstream of the lips is the most critical factor for airflow.

The 2" tube would have less restriction on a 14" wand.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

John Watson

You didn't mention if you used or tried glides or lips on your quad. I have been using the lips for the past 3 yrs. Now have a holed glide that Rocks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom