My Critique of Mike's Carpet Cleaning Website

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
OK, let me get comfortable. lol
I've critiqued it before but let me get into details.
First of all, I know Mikey gets a ton of work from the website so it can't be all that bad....but every site can be improved.

First and formost....get rid of the landing page...your landing page should be your home page. No body...not even Ron Werner...wants to wait for that damn vacuum to finish so you can read what you wrote. Good God man!
Second. the home page pic of you, the wife and the big ol truck is only saved by your wife and the lighthouse in the photo. Most can relate to the spouse and the custys in the area can relate to the light house.
I don't like your background at all...tooo much grey...and fix the red broken bar please. I said please...you're killin me.
I think your call to action button doesn't stick out enough and it looks out of place at the same time.
Not sure why your Home page is labeled "About us". First time I've seen that. Maybe that works.
You're are focusing on the big truck too much...like most people who spend that much money on something..they want to get all they can out of it.
I would imagine as a home owner that I would be intimidated by that truck...is it really what I need for my single occupancy home? Isn't it for big commercial buildings? Do I want a big truck like that taking up my whole drive way? Maybe the owner of the truck is compensating for something?
I think it's over kill....you know it....I know it and the American people know it. :mrgreen:
I don't like the red at all in your site. You're whole color scheme is dull and boring.
Really, there isn't enough going on in the front page to say too much.
I like the fact that it isn't cluttered but I don't like the color scheme and I think the one big photo is too much.
I would do a closer view of you and the wife...you are too far off in the distance. Don't be afraid to show your mug, your wife's pretty face makes up for it.
Not to mention if a potential customer sees you with her they might think "Well, he can't be all that bad".
The Vacuum logo is ok...althought it makes me think of a house cleaner, not a carpet cleaner.
I wouldn't use any logo with a piece of equipment in it.
What do you clean up after most? Kids? Dogs? Homeowners?...maybe use a Dennis the Menace character type in your logo?
I know I know...you got the tattoo...that logo is going nowhere.
I don't like the header "the best kept Tile and Grout cleaning secret in Santa Cruz" I would at least ad Carpet Cleaning to that...at the very least to match the vacuum.
I know you make more money off tile and grout cleaning but your vacuum says carpet...even if it does say house cleaning.
I would put a few links on the side above the fold...important stuff. Or at least make your top links stand out more.
I don't like the "Tab" look to your layout.
Holy crap! when I navigated to the blog page..I couldn't get back by clicking links...it was totally inconsistent. Changed styles except for the colors.
Dude you need to make it easier to get back from you blog...when you click your home page link...it goes to another home page. What gives?
Your logo on every page should be a link back to your home page.

Over all it just looks simple...which is really a good thing. You don't want too much crap going on and I think you did well at that.
It almost looks like it's un done...but every site is in a building stage...or at least it should be.
Other than your blog, what have you updated? That home page has been the same since I've been looking at it.
I would change some things on it to keep it fresh and in the minds of the search engines.

Thats about it...I probably missed a lot because I was focusing on fixing more than improving.
You must be doing something right, you've got the work coming in.
The site won't turn people away, but it might not make some stay very long.

This has been a moment with Brian.

I think someone was cranky this morning. Did someone piss in your cheerios? Oh yah, don't do a single thing to your website....when I grow up I want my website to look exactly like yours. It's perfect!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
blowme blowme blowme I didn't even read all that cause your site and name ******* SUCKS Corky. blowme blowme

Here I was just trying to help you out a little and that's the thanks I get. :roll: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom