My EDV stuck and POP went my lower HX

Mikey P

Administrator
I made the terrible mistake of not checking my helper's work and my lower HX paid the price.

So..

We pulled it off, plugged up one oil port and fitted a air gun friendly port on the other..
lowerHX007.jpg

lowerHX006.jpg

Then we placed it in the only body of water we could find and used a air compressor to put the internals under load.

lowerHX004.jpg

The cracked tube bubbled up with guilt so we then cut off the reducer that goes to the EDV..

lowerHX001.jpg

lowerHX002.jpg

And then welded up the damaged tube on both ends

lowerHX010.jpg

We double checked it in the mud pit out back and all was good so we gave her a bath

lowerHX003.jpg

And then welded the reducer back on and tomorrow I will fit the HX back on the Worlds Most Dependent On A Properly Working EDV Cleaning Machine.

lowerHX012.jpg

lowerHX014.jpg

Its nice to have a good pal with a farm...

lowerHX011.jpg

He even has a Hose swedger.

lowerHX009.jpg

Special props to Shawn York and Les Jones for helping me come up with this alternative to spending $1500 on a new HX

Name
Lee Stockwell
No way you could replace the individual tube instead of welding it shut? A die grinder and ten more minutes work, as long as you already had it open.

gasaxe

Kevin Bunce said:
So if that exchanger is oil....what happens when a tube bursts.

dynalene makes a nice cloud of smoke...lol put a air operated pac brac on them and they wont have any problems.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
There is nothing like a farmer/Ranch Rigger for a friend. I am lucky I lived in the central valley of cailfornia. They can fix anything cuz they have too. Now that I live in texas it's freeflow. He can fix most anything or tell me how too. Either way there is nothing like a good friend to help you out of a jam.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
after thinking about this for a few days.....the only thing that I would worry about is if any of the other tubes got weak.......... :?:

Name
Jesse
How does a employee mistake cause this? How many other issues are there to be concerned with if you have auto-pilot's operating it?

Mikey P

Administrator
"dumping"?

How about spritzing?

Besides, all the pesticides in that water have already killed off any life forms within 50 miles.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Out Of Character said:
How does a employee mistake cause this? How many other issues are there to be concerned with if you have auto-pilot's operating it?

I'm curious about this as well.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mikey P said:
"dumping"?

How about spritzing?

Besides, all the pesticides in that water have already killed off any life forms within 50 miles.

Mixing hardcore capitalism and radical veeg environut, surely makes for some strange rationalizations.

We'll have you eating a real hamburger by Mikeyfest!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom