My first successful liquid dye job

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I've been playing around with solid dyes for a while now but I had a job where I used liquid dyes.

This was a claim against the manufacturer. The carpet is 5 years old and the face yarn is nylon (type unknown) and had these mysterious bleach marks appear. The rep agreed to make it good with them and so I got involved.

I've done a few liquid dye jobs where I've matched new yarn to existing and played around in rentals where it doesn't matter if it's not close but today was my first top shelf job.

Before without flash.
IMG_7792.jpg

After without flash.
IMG_7794.jpg

Before with flash.
IMG_7793.jpg

After with flash.
IMG_7796.jpg

I'm going back in 2 weeks to do the rest of the job. This took me 45 minutes adn I did another small one in about 20 minutes. The other areas are a lot bigger and I estimate approx 2.5 hours for the rest.

John

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Oh yeah, after the last pic, I lightened up that blueish mark slightly with a touch of white.

Client couldn't find the one in the middle of the room I had done. She almost freaked out seeing what colour I was putting down.

One question I do have is this, do the dyes take better to dry or damp carpet?

On this one, I actually went in before and neutralised the cholorine first, let it dry and returned today to dye it.

For the rest of them, can I neutralise and dye in the same visit?

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
John Middleton said:
Oh yeah, after the last pic, I lightened up that blueish mark slightly with a touch of white.

Client couldn't find the one in the middle of the room I had done. She almost freaked out seeing what colour I was putting down.

One question I do have is this, do the dyes take better to dry or damp carpet?

On this one, I actually went in before and neutralised the cholorine first, let it dry and returned today to dye it.

For the rest of them, can I neutralise and dye in the same visit?

John

Good job, John.
A white liquid dye ??
I would always neutralize, towel off and then start dying.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
You can and should neutralize on the same visit. No sense in making extra trips. Just make sure to reduce dye areas to an acid state before adding the dye.
Looks like you did a great job !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom