My first surgery

dgargan

Well next Tuesday I go in to have two disks takes out of my neck. C-5 and c-6 This will be my first hospital stay in my 51 years. I have put this off for 10 years but couldn't take the time because I needed to be on the truck. I had hoped that when I came off the truck a few years ago my problem would be less painful but it's actually getting worse. So time to do it and be over it. Between Full Circle handling my calls and 3 great tech's things should go fine with out me. Anyone have this surgery? I'm interested how it helped and what the recovery time really is. They told me no work for four months that involves lifting anything, which isn't a problem. LOL I haven't done that in awhile anyway.

David

topnotchman

No experience with that. I hope to go 51 years without a hospital visit also. Did you injure your neck somehow?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Best wishes for a successful and speedy recovery, David.

BTW- My first (and so far only) time in the hospital came when I was 52.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
good luck and let me know how it comes out......my day is coming......3,4,5,and 6 have been giving me problems....pinched nerves......migraine headaches.....can feel my left arm.... and left eye throbs....for 10 months I have been dealing with this.....this last month has been better.....physical therapy and chiropractor has help relieve the pain of the pinched nerves I am back to cleaning by myself again.....Dr says that it is just a bandage and sooner or later my time will come......I have a higher tolerance for pain then I do Dr's.......so my time is not going to come anytime soon.......

TimP

The lumbar area of my back is what bothers me but so far not much as in the way of pinched nerves. Ever now and then I can feel it down the outer part of my left leg.....

I wish you luck. There is always the chance of damaging nerves when doing back surgery. I had a client who has osteoporosis and she fractured something like two or three vertebrae. They put some sort of cement in her back to fix it. They told her it would be at least 6 months before she would be back to normal.

As far as surgery goes. I've had tonsils and adenoids out when I was younger. Fractured and sliced open a toe and had that fixed up, cleaned out and sewed up once. I've had a couple moles cut off here and there. But so far nothing major....no stints yet :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom