My First Truckmount....Circa 1989 or So.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Found a pic of my first Steamway truckmount, nicely sized for the Chevy Astro van. This was one of the first units out and had a few issues with it. The burner ran off a magneto, and it's mount was not quite up to the task. SW sent me an upgraded mounting bracket, and she ran well after that. Kind of a small pic.
2ad63bec-d9a3-4bac-823c-87179deee465_zps3f16bac1.jpg

And my second in 92'.
4.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Well, after the Powermatic Model 2001, I went to a PC 405 Performer, then to my 2003 Genesis 59 HP, which is still in use daily as we speak. Looking at a nice unit (being held by an old friend in the business) for a last setup before I retire and the boys take over.

I want to do a box van setup, complete with freshy tank, big waste tank, APO, and lot's of room. Self contained for Winter work (no water hookups), and useful on rental units that have no easy water access.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I want to do a box van setup, complete with freshy tank, big waste tank, APO, and lot's of room. Self contained for Winter work (no water hookups), and useful on rental units that have no easy water access.
I like a big waste tank and to carry our own water too.

Ron K

My Mastermatic circa 1993 was a great Truckmount. 18hp Kohler 1000psi Cat pump and a 220,000BTU Oil fired burner that was a scorcher. I always used K1 Kerosene and never had any major problems with it also the 100 gallon waste tank is really missed.

Name
BradFenstermaker
WOW! Brings back memorie's.

My first was a 93 Mastermatic. We ran the snot out of it 95-98 doing commercial. Kohler engine but looked the same as yours.

My Platinum 2001 is still alive as back up unit for local friend. Steamway made good TM's.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
I just got in to carpet cleaning with this machine lol (Done one job in my life).

Bought a Platinum 2001 off family member that quit carpet cleaning years ago. He rebuilt it not to long ago and replaced the heater core. Runs like a champ. Not bad I thought for $1200 with hoses and reels and a bunch of other tools. There's no way I would plan on using it for more than a backup once I pick up some contract work. I'll buy a new machine ASAP. The heater shot a 2ft flame out of the van door when it kicked on the other day. Works great for now but I see a myriad of problems I don't know how to fix coming....

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Good idea. I don't know why it kicked on so hard every once in a while. Perhaps because it was SO cold out the diesel was getting thick making it run wonky? More likely it's getting to much fuel I think.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Well, after the Powermatic Model 2001, I went to a PC 405 Performer, then to my 2003 Genesis 59 HP, which is still in use daily as we speak. Looking at a nice unit (being held by an old friend in the business) for a last setup before I retire and the boys take over.

Well, I did pick up the unit that was held for me. 2010 Thermalwave Vortec 2, waterpond with hose reels, standard and 150 gal waste tank, water softener, 12 volt external APO, a few assorted cleaning tools. Running great and the conveinience of having onboard water is a gift, especially in the Winter and when cleaning rentals. A good deal, IMO.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just picked up an old mastermatic with the intention of restoring it. Got it for 1000 buck with the van (already sold) unit only had 1500 hrs on it. Motor, pump, blower are immaculate. Just have to redo the heater, sand and paint and presto, it might be for sale. Came with a wand, stair tool, upholstery tool, couple of hundred feet of hoses and hose reel. Any steamway fans out there, let me know

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i got the first Gene Bates "Big Red" that rolled off the line...right around '70 or maybe '71..
4 cyl Perkins Diesel.....1st TM in Michigan!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom