My Helen is a bit under the weather..

John Watson

Well, I think I better let ya know whats up with Helen, She has met many of yous at the functions we has gone to and been at over the past 30 yrs. And she said she did like a few!!!

11PM Fri she starts complaining about a bellyache. We ended up spending the night at the Emergency Room, getting back home at 7:30AM. They took the ol cat and walked around her for it to scan her, said they could see some blockage, possibly something might be kinked in her, Never known her in the past 39 years to be kinky, so maybe this is a good thing wiht her getting older an all.

Day 2 She slept about 3 hours and awoke with her belly still hurtin, Doc toll me to give her Milk of Magnesia and a liquid diet of fruit juices and broth an if she continued hurten to bring her back.. Tried the medicin and juice, Nothin staying down when you puts it in that way!!!! Still notten coming outs the other end either!!!!

2PM Taken her back for a redo, Not happy with the work done on the first trip...
EMR Doc, new young guy, after re examing, and going over first trip notes and we a tellin him that the blockage aint moved decided to admit her.. At 7AM when a reg. Dr saw her and said he would perscribe some softeners and a few other tricks of their trade(I just don't want to get too graphic ya know)

She is now on her third night of this here problem, 1/2 the time she is in LaLa land and just a punchin that there button that is supposed to give her pain meds but the other 1/2 the time she is jest trying to puke that medicine and anything else up. About 6:30PM they switched meds to the one they gave her on the 1st trip to the ER. Sorta took them awhile to figure that one out, They looks at me funny whens I tells them I knew and asked for that hours ago... Well anyways, Im gonna be exspecting a few apoligies from some of your kind for all the time you kept atellen me I was full of shit.. I gots the proofs I needed. It been Helen allalong....

Appreciate if you include her in your prayers, John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wow...funny way of putting it but very dangerous.
Prayers.

I tend to find humor in everything.

When Jen saw the paramedics working on me...you know what she said??

"Why does it always have to be about you??" :shock: :shock:

I love her for that stuff. shiteatinggrin

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
& give her a bigger one for me, plus that kiss I promised her on the last call. !gotcha!

You know I aint a praying type person, but I'll be hoping and wishing for all the best mate.

Shorty.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Done John.

Have they figured out exactly whats wrong with her ? I'm no doctor but it sounds like appendix is causing her fits ? I know Magnesium Citrate sure clears ya out.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I'm so very sorry to hear this, John. Remind Helen we have our big SFS Social Night date in ten days or so she needs to be getting better right now!

Steve

PS One thing I have learned about medicine in any country and especially the US is patients tend to get treated on an "assembly line". So they really need a "patient advocate" as in a concerned loved one by their side asking questions and running interference for them. When doctor's and nurses know someone is interested in the patient many studies have shown the level of care rises markedly. So I'm sure Helen is getting the very best care possible!

Lora Olson

Sorry to hear this John. I have been hospitalized for the very same thing (I have diverticulitis). Having a blockage is very painful, some of the worst pain I have ever had.

I hope they have her on some good meds finally, watch for infection if they aren't (sounds like they're not real on top of things). They did this with a white blood cell count on me. If it's elevated...IV antibiotics ASAP!!! Stay on top of those medical people, don't feel shy about it!!! They are humans, and can make mistakes (although they shouldn't, it can happen).

And she's in my prayers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom