My latest trick

Mikey P

Administrator
Instead of having a QC on my "Cold" water line and a QC on my "Hot" I ran it over back to the hot line and added a ball valve. Now I can hook up once and with the turn of a ball valve I can run hot or cold....

hot.jpg

hotcold.jpg

Ricky Thurman

great idea mike! I don't know much about Vortex's, so I might be off base here, but did you get a ball valve that will hold up to the pressure and heat?

Mikey P

Administrator
The Carbon ones from Parker hold up for up to a year.

I have some SS 2000 psi BVs that I got from GG and Sal M that are holding up too.

Did you know you can spend $200 bucks on a ball valve?

Jim...It would involve one more BV, another T and 18" on SS/telfon hose to run it to both reels.. Not a big deal.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
your configuration is a little different than mine.

I changed mine some to make it a little more compact when I replaced the check valve......

100_3239.jpg

100_3240.jpg

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
I am not sure we are speaking the same reasoning here, but I added a ball valve to each live reel input so I could isolate it if I blew a line.

On another note, to build heat we pressure wash a few things at 1500 rpms like the truck, the side walk, the dog....just kiddin' about the dog.

Mikey P

Administrator
My set up is so I can use the "Cold " water from my tank (to use my HF and clean sensitive fabrics and wools) and then switch it over to "Hot" for every day cleaning with out disconnecting the hose....

One hose, two temps.

How the hell would raising the pressure increase your heat?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Nice job, but too much plumbing hung out from the HX ? cylinder.

I did notice some Parker fittings in the mix.

Did you add those?

Larry Cobb

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I added the shut off like you did by the unloading valve and used it for the first time today and noticed a huge drop in my pressure......is this normal

S

SmcKay

Mike,

Does that flow to both hose reels or just one? It would be nice to be able to switch one to warm while the other stays hot for dual wanding. The AT comes with a QC from the tank but you would need a seperate reel.

Scott

B

Bill

Mike, how old is your truck? Every fitting looks brand new. You must really take care of and look after everything down to the last detail. It all looks polished and super clean. I find myself slipping in this area as I get older. Just a by product of less time and wanting to spend more time doing other things.

My hat is off to you, good job.

Bill in central Florida

Name
Lee Stockwell
Butler has done it similarly for decades, and lately Prochem uses a three-way valve for this function.

You can color code your valves or vary them in some way to make the setup more intuitive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom