My leased TM is a lemon...

MikeD00019

Recently leased a Boxxer 427. "Brand new" One and half months into it the truck mount has needed engine repair 3 times. 8 or so days of down time. First leaking oil from the heads. Then warped heads, one one week the other 2 weeks later. I call Hydramaster and gave them a piece of my mind and explain what they should do for me. I won't comment on that statement till I hear what there going to do for me, but I wanna know "What would you do in this situation? Will they take care of me or will I be forced to tell the world they didn't take care of me and sold me crap and won't stand by there own product. This should be interesting huh?!?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Re: What would you do? PLEASE REPLY

Is there a lemon law on these TM's? They really should take care of you, and if they don't I'm sure we'll know!

Keith

Name
I'm Rick James

I would inform then that it is in their best interest that they "take care of you", because the hard working carpet cleaners and business owners will hear of you story through this BB and others on how they "did" or "didn't" help you in this situation. Inform them if they turn your back on you, you have no choice to let everyone in this industy how HM doesnt take care of their customers. You may want to send a email to all chain of command. I think someone here can help you with getting that info.

Good luck, I do want to stay with HM. I am only 3 miles from their plant here in WA. :wink:

:mrgreen:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John

MikeD00019 said:
Will they take care of me or will I be forced to tell the world they didn't take care of me and sold me crap and won't stand by there own product. This should be interesting huh?!?

Sounds like you already have...

John

MikeD00019

John Middleton said:
MikeD00019 said:
Will they take care of me or will I be forced to tell the world they didn't take care of me and sold me crap and won't stand by there own product. This should be interesting huh?!?

Sounds like you already have...

John

Fixing the problem is one thing, which they have done. But selling me a "new" truck mount for top dollar?
"new" meaning "will not require more engine repair than oil changes...

Becker

Name
Becker

Talk to Feehan...

Did they install a new engine for you?

If the engine is having problems, Id ask for a new one.

MikeD00019

Becker said:
Talk to Feehan...

Did they install a new engine for you?

If the engine is having problems, Id ask for a new one.

Briggs only fixes exactly whats wrong with the engine. I said I just wanted a new engine but Briggs said no.

Becker

Name
Becker

I think you can demonstrate a need for a new engine.

I'd hope HM would step up, solve the issue and deal with briggs on there own.

MikeD00019

Mikey P said:
Shouldn't your supplier who oh so values your business have stepped in for you?

They do what they can. They just sell it.

Able 1

Name
Keith

Briggs suck! Only reason I didn't go with HM.

Keith

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

You put "brand new" in quotes. Was the unit new, refurbished, or slightly used? Since this is a unit that has a reputation for reliability, it could just be a new engine not assembled properly or if "slightly used" might have been damaged before being returned.

The answer will actually will be pretty boring: What does your warranty cover? If you're covered they'll take care of you.

If I were you I'd document what has happened so far, call your DISTRIBUTOR about your concerns for the future health of this engine and see what they have to say. Document that as well. Unless this was not an authorized HM distributor, the distributor that sold you the unit is the one with the responsibility to take care of the problem, and if they can't find or fix it, it is their responsibility to work with the manufacturer to find a solution. They have more clout than you do if the manufacturer balks. "We only sell them" is a line that I'm sure would anger any manufacturer if they heard a distributor using it. They don't get to run away when there's a problem make you figure it out.

If they aren't an authorized distributor of that brand of machine, you might be on your own.

Only when you can't get satisfaction from the distributor do you go directly to the manufacturer. Be calm, send them your documentation and ask them where they will go from here. Be reasonable and they'll likely go overboard to find a solution.

PS: I am not a lawyer nor do I have much experience with leasing, but as a last resort you may want to check your lease to see if excessive downtime is a reason to break the lease and return the unit.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

To toss a money wrench into the works and add some food for thought;

sounds like an over heating related issue if you're warping heads.

Are you running the engine at the right RPM and not lower to save fuel costs?
Is the van packed so tight with gear and stuff that air movement/cooling is stifled?
Do you run with the doors closed or near closed?
Have you made any "pimp" mods to it that are above manufactures recommended specs?
Are you running the engine at the right RPM and not lower to save fuel costs?

Are there any other down time issues other than engine related?

..L.T.A.

Name
Shawn Forsythe

Larry and Bryan touched on some good points.

I think there is more to this story than has been briefly presented.

The failures are but manifestations of a particular cause. The cause of these manifestations will dictate the answer to the question before us..."what would you do?"

From the details thus far given, it cannot be determined just who is the responsible party for the situation.

Do we have any of these possible scenarios?

1. Overheating due to installation placement, enclosure, cargo blocking, or even other yet disclosed operator/installer action?
2. Back-pressure to engine exhaust due to exhaust impairment, enclosure, exhaust ducting or other?
3. Both?

I'm not suggesting that you are at fault, but I am suggesting that the fault cannot be determined with the information given thus far.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom