My Mikefest experience and reviews

There were so many things that I enjoyed that I don’t know where to start. I will break things up into categories. Everything I am saying is honest and my opinion. Everyone is different and likes what they like. Nothing is personal. It is just business.

The event as a whole was a great learning experience. I really enjoyed talking with Mr. Al Spaet from Magic Al’s Products. I learned a lot of things that I can actually apply to my business. It was nice to put a face with so many of the people that I have chatted with on the boards. The hotel was nice and Nashville is a great city.

Equipment reviews: Every machine at the event was top quality. The legends brands machines (sapphire scientific) were very nice even though the dual wand machine they have will never dual wand. There is nowhere near enough power for that application. They all got very hot and stayed hot though and were very nice machines. I am not big on dual wand cleaning anyways. It ran two upholstery tools with ease though.

The prochem machines are well prochem machines. They are all nice.

The aerotech was a beast of a machine with more power than any cleaner would ever need. It had unbelievable heat and suction but at a hundred grand a cleaner would have to really see if it fits their business. The Hicks family had a great setup.

Bob Savage’s machine was very nice. I think if it was a little more organized and installed in a new van it would look better. The heat was awesome and the suction was great as well. I also like that the vacuum system can be taken out of the truck and transported as close to the job site as you want it. That was pretty cool.

Odin’s electric machine was very impressive. I always thought it was a piece of crap, but after seeing it in person I would use it any day of the week. With the 2.5 inch hose the suction was just like any other truck mount and the heat was great as well. It was also very quiet which I liked. Any cleaner that is a so called green cleaning company would be out of their mind to not get a machine like this. I was very impressed.

Duane Oxley’s machine: I didn’t get to demo it but I saw it run. It was definitely impressive for its size.

I didn’t demo the El Diablo so I really can’t comment on it.

The Judson C4 was the most impressive machine at the event imo. It was in a neat trailer with sides that could fold up. The suction was very strong and the heat was great as well. Some of the other machines had some vibration issues, but not the Judson. It was built like a tank. It was a little noisy but every truck at the event made noise.

Tools of the trade: I really looked over the upholstery tools. I wanted to check out the drimaster tool. Unfortunately I was not impressed with it. I did like how the solution got very HOT. I guess I would get used to it. If I used it over time, I am sure the tool would grow on me. The hydro kinetic tool is so much better. The only downside to the hk is the holed glide distorts some upholstery fibers. It absolutely did not wet the backing, had the most flushing power, and was the easiest tool to use. It just needs an open slot.

The glided prochem tool was not impressive to me. It is more for misting and vacuuming the fabric. Mike mentioned something about drilling holes to help prevent overspray. I really wasn’t paying attention when he was talking. Maybe he can elaborate on this subject. I have an enclosed spray but not internal pmf tool. After demoing several tools, I think I will keep using this tool.

Wands: The greenhorn was very impressive. The large wand is too large for residential imo. The 12 inch is just right. The stryker wand is a piece of crap. Sorry Mr. Studabaker. It was very hard to push and the holes clogged too easy. The Mytee Bentley wand has some design flaws as well. The swivel head makes the jets hit the carpet and the spray pattern is not correct. They need to go back to the drawing board. I would use the wand but I would have to modify the jets and spray bar. The zipper junior was impressive.

The Mytee buffer had a neat locking mechanism. It looked like a great tool. All of the op machines looked nice.
The neatest tool at the show was excellent supply’s adapter to turn a standard 175 into a cimex. Actually the cimex turned more slowly and the adapter gave more agitation. The cimex though allows you to just push it and the 175 has to be swung. It was impressive though.

All of the chems from DSC to Judson are all top quality. They all work great so just support whoever you like. Enough said on that.

Magic Al has some great products that will make me a lot of money.
I had a lot of fun and everyone was so nice.
I also talked to the War Monger and got some good business strategies from him.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was glad you made it Daniel.

I know you were worried about attending and I was hoping you would.

You're a sharp guy, the next generation of cleaners will be fine if they are all like yourself.

Nice to meet you!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I received a phone call regarding that tool on Friday night, I think. Ricks tool, I'm talking about. He said he was impressed with it, but that it was priced at something like $600 and was made of plastic. ?????????????????

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
hmm ive been dying to here some reviews about the bentley

anyone else, how about the dry times and flushing ability?

thanks for info

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
DONT WORRY ABOUT THE COST OF THE CIMEX HEAD MURDY...BY THE TIME YOU SAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY FOR IT YOU,LL BE RETIRED.

you had a year to save up to pay for a tank of gas to drive to nashville

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Albert Lazo said:
The neatest tool at the show was excellent supply’s adapter to turn a standard 175 into a cimex

That sounds interesting, any idea if it's out yet, $?.

Albert
Its out now. Retail is $695 but the MikeyFest special was $595. I brought one home with me and will report back after using it some. Daniel mentioned that you have to swing the machine but actually Rick Gelinas said it is best to just walk it forward and back like the mex. It is plastic but this thing looks very durable. I don't do a lot of commercial and since I already had a good 175 it seemed like a great option.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
In respect to Terrys TM. Its a nice looking machine but its on diamond plate overload. IMO it would look better without so much of it, and probably cost less to build also.

ron markam

I have to say Terry's unit,the C-4 ,and the predator unleashed were very impressive as well as Billy hick's aerotech.I also thought the Zipper wand was cool.I saw the new prochem fans (I believe thats who the new fans belonged to) and was not impressed at all.They seem to blow no better then the small $70.00 dollar blowers Sams club sells that are manufactured by Lasko.It was really cool to see alot of equipment in action and be able to evaluate it first hand.

Doug Cox said:
In respect to Terrys TM. Its a nice looking machine but its on diamond plate overload. IMO it would look better without so much of it, and probably cost less to build also.

Seeing things in person is best. I really liked his machine. It was simple, very quiet, great heat, and plenty of suction. Like I said earlier anyone that feels they need to spend a hundred grand to have a 200 gallon waste tank or calls themself a green cleaner and drives a tractor trailer should look at getting a simple easy machine. Would this machine work for apartment cleaners? Not now with moderate fuel prices. For upscale residential it would be perfect. Then you could really claim to be a green cleaner instead of saying you use planet guard and recycled paper in the printer.

IMAG01761.jpg

u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCC6mLR9MIEu]

Doug Cox said:
I saw it in person.

I didn't see you or I should say recognize you. Could someone post a pic of Doug? I guess everyone likes what they like. If I have learned one thing, it is to never buy a tool or just go on board hype until you demo it. I liked it but maybe a little too much stainless. I guess that is for looks. It is supposed to resemble a tm so I can see why T put all the stainless on it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Rick's new product.

DSCF3423.jpg

DSCF3398.jpg

Make sure you buy this with it too.

DSCF3464.jpg

:mrgreen:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
danielc said:
I liked Eriks t shirt better. "Ask me what's under my zipper."

I want one of those.

Just make sure you don't wear it at your local grocery store.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Doug Cox said:
Terry said the unit he had there was a proto type. He now makes the package much smaller. This would probably help the look(reduce the amount of diamond plate). He said the current model uses the same instrument panel but the rest of panel are smaller. There was a lot of unnecessary space inside.

-JB-

Name
JB
Rebels, outsiders, outcasts, cast-offs, goofballs, whatever were brothers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom