My new baby with a #5 blower

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
View attachment 86533
Purchased this little gem for $3500 and put a couple thousand into repairs.

It's ready for action now but I'm still shopping around for a EuroVan to bolt her into.

I ran a diesel transporter/eurovan for years. Finally sold it with over 400,000 kilometers on it. Very fuel efficient, 1 ton capacity, gets into underground parades but very expensive on repairs. People I sold it to are still running it. Am dabbling with the idea of a Mercedes metris but as of yet, nobody seems to have a fuel tap for it. Would love to have a hydramaster cds in one of those. No fuel tap necessary.

Reactions: Giorgio

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
is it running strong? can remember which bluelines it was but some had major overheating issues due to a cooling system design failure

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Yes, it does runs strong.

The biggest problem is finding a TM mechanic who can troubleshoot something besides a lawnmower engine.

Reactions: Acp

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Am dabbling with the idea of a Mercedes metris but as of yet, nobody seems to have a fuel tap for it. Would love to have a hydramaster cds in one of those. No fuel tap necessary.

I wouldn't let the lack of a fuel tap stop me from getting a Metris. My video shows a VP Fuel cell that I tapped for fuel injection system using parts from hardware store.

A long, long time ago (in a galaxy far away) a fuel tap was nothing more than a brass fitting that you drilled into the filler neck. Then, a pick-up hose ran down into the fuel tank and the other end of the hose to the TM. It cost about the same as a gallon of emulsifier.

Modifications need to be air tight. It'd start at the filler neck. they use to be removable making them EZ to work on.

Reactions: Rob Grady

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I wouldn't let the lack of a fuel tap stop me from getting a Metris. My video shows a VP Fuel cell that I tapped for fuel injection system using parts from hardware store.

A long, long time ago (in a galaxy far away) a fuel tap was nothing more than a brass fitting that you drilled into the filler neck. Then, a pick-up hose ran down into the fuel tank and the other end of the hose to the TM. It cost about the same as a gallon of emulsifier.

Modifications need to be air tight. It'd start at the filler neck. they use to be removable making them EZ to work on.
I'll look into it but I'm told it's not that ez. Something to do with safety regs.

Name
Matt Ross
I doubt there is one person in the world going around and inspecting fuel taps from truckmounts and handing out fines. Use a safe way to tap the fuel, and go to work.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I doubt there is one person in the world going around and inspecting fuel taps from truckmounts and handing out fines. Use a safe way to tap the fuel, and go to work.
I think it has more to do with if the cleaning unit is fuel injected or carbureted. Something about running return lines and maybe messing with the trucks computer. Maybe the guys I am talking to don't know what they're talking about. I thought I saw a legend installed in a metris in Florida somewhere. They must have figured it out.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I think it has more to do with if the cleaning unit is fuel injected or carbureted. Something about running return lines and maybe messing with the trucks computer. Maybe the guys I am talking to don't know what they're talking about. I thought I saw a legend installed in a metris in Florida somewhere. They must have figured it out.
Or a 5gallon gas Jerry can on side.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
View attachment 86533
Purchased this little gem for $3500 and put a couple thousand into repairs.

It's ready for action now but I'm still shopping around for a EuroVan to bolt her into.

i just got a screaming deal on one. i need too put in a rear seal. need too locate a how too online.

just used my cherry picker too offload it today onto dollies so i can get after it

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom